• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Maduro BBMF

Giddy up and go! LOL

Nice review Charlie.

Now I know why you never came here today, I don't have one in my humi's. :laugh:

Brian

Awesome review! Read every word and the pictures were a great addition! Makes me want to light up something fierce right bout' now... :thumbs:

That was an excellent review. It very well illustrated the experience to me and accomplished the goal of making me want to smoke that wonderful cigar :thumbs: .

I smoked one about 3 months ago, thought it was incredible, the Anejo wrapper on the Opus blend is phenomenal, not sure why they don't do more?

I thought the Opus Maduro used a different maduro wrapper than the Anejo?
B

They do. But the BBMF Maduro uses a different wrapper, the same CT broadleaf maduro wrapper used on the Añejos.

Sounds like a cigar on my must try list. I am going to have to keep my eyes peeled for one of these to add to the collection.

Sounds like a cigar on my must try list. I am going to have to keep my eyes peeled for one of these to add to the collection.
Charlie waited 20 years...good luck! :laugh:

Brian

These cigar are terrible, please stop telling people that they are soooo good!

Thanks for sharing, I've smoked two so far and they have been very good. Look forward to smoking one in cooler weather.

Nice review. I have one but I don't like smoking cigars that I can't easily replace. This one'll probably never see the flame so I'll have to enjoy it vicariously through you.

Nice review. I have one but I don't like smoking cigars that I can't easily replace. This one'll probably never see the flame so I'll have to enjoy it vicariously through you.

Khari enjoy it, you'll find other rarities!

The BBMF remains one of the best cigars I've ever had. I haven't had the maduro version, but there's no doubt it would be as good if not better.

I smoked one about 3 months ago, thought it was incredible, the Anejo wrapper on the Opus blend is phenomenal, not sure why they don't do more?

There is often talk of "Why doesn't Company x make the ______ cigar with the ______wrapper?" Most often this is regarding Fuentes due to their varied lines of top-notch smokes. In fact, some of the biggest draws in CFCF auctions are variations of their regular lines biut with maduro/sun-grown/rosado wrappers".
Which begs Gator's question, why?
I can only speculate and come up with 3 possible reasons.
1. There isn't enough of that leaf to go around. If there was more of Opus' rosado to go around one would assume there would be more Opus before there'd be more 858 rosado, don't you think? They could also the produce more rosado maduro for the non-bbmf Opus maduros. Likewise if there was an endless supply of the anejo wrapper and ability to facilitate the barrel aging would anejo be an htf?
Still, if a maduro bbmf is more highly desired than why not make less anejos? That begs Brickhouse's point/question which leads to:
2. A leading cigar company's premium lines are not developed in a happenstance fashion. Filler blends are painstakingly developed to complement wrappers and the right binder used to produce optimum results. For example, I have had Hemingway cammies. They're neither as tasty as Don Carlos or as Hemi maduros imho. A unique smoke for sure and I'm not throwing away the couple I have left, but I understand why they wrap the cammie around DC and the nats and mads around the Hemis.
Similiarly. I found the bbmf maduro to be a truly unique and enjoyable smoking experience. The hints of sweettness (which are even more pronounced on opus maduro, though I'm not sure if that's due to the different wrapper or the wrapper:filler ratio) add a different, but not necessarily better, dimension to the smoke. However, the price you pay is less of that bold opus spice flavor which the bbmf takes to the max.
In other words, would I love to have a few bbmfs a year :)? Of course. Would I call it better? No. Special, not better.
If you think reason 2 gives Fuente to much credit for cigar ideals try:
3. A leading cigar company's premium lines are not developed in a happenstance fashion. Filler blends are painstakingly developed to complement wrappers and the right binder used to yield optimum profits. If thye anejo line relies heavily on the wrapper to "work", why waste the wrapper on creating more specialty cigars.
Could be that they take all the fillers binders and wrappers they have and combine them in a way to yield the x amount of mid-level to premium lines and total sticks rather then create a .5x uber-smokes and .5x regular lines. Which leads to my next point. I cannot believe I wrote all this and find it even less likely that someone will make it this far so the first person to respond in this thread stating that " one sock is a bigger putz than mulligan for writing it, but I'm and even bigger one for reading it" will get a bbmf. I better get back to work already.

The BBMF remains one of the best cigars I've ever had. I haven't had the maduro version, but there's no doubt it would be as good if not better.

There is often talk of "Why doesn't Company x make the ______ cigar with the ______wrapper?" Most often this is regarding Fuentes due to their varied lines of top-notch smokes. In fact, some of the biggest draws in CFCF auctions are variations of their regular lines biut with maduro/sun-grown/rosado wrappers".
Which begs Gator's question, why?
I can only speculate and come up with 3 possible reasons.
1. There isn't enough of that leaf to go around. If there was more of Opus' rosado to go around one would assume there would be more Opus before there'd be more 858 rosado, don't you think? They could also the produce more rosado maduro for the non-bbmf Opus maduros. Likewise if there was an endless supply of the anejo wrapper and ability to facilitate the barrel aging would anejo be an htf?
Still, if a maduro bbmf is more highly desired than why not make less anejos? That begs Brickhouse's point/question which leads to:
2. A leading cigar company's premium lines are not developed in a happenstance fashion. Filler blends are painstakingly developed to complement wrappers and the right binder used to produce optimum results. For example, I have had Hemingway cammies. They're neither as tasty as Don Carlos or as Hemi maduros imho. A unique smoke for sure and I'm not throwing away the couple I have left, but I understand why they wrap the cammie around DC and the nats and mads around the Hemis.
Similiarly. I found the bbmf maduro to be a truly unique and enjoyable smoking experience. The hints of sweettness (which are even more pronounced on opus maduro, though I'm not sure if that's due to the different wrapper or the wrapper:filler ratio) add a different, but not necessarily better, dimension to the smoke. However, the price you pay is less of that bold opus spice flavor which the bbmf takes to the max.
In other words, would I love to have a few bbmfs a year :) ? Of course. Would I call it better? No. Special, not better.
If you think reason 2 gives Fuente to much credit for cigar ideals try:
3. A leading cigar company's premium lines are not developed in a happenstance fashion. Filler blends are painstakingly developed to complement wrappers and the right binder used to yield optimum profits. If thye anejo line relies heavily on the wrapper to "work", why waste the wrapper on creating more specialty cigars.
Could be that they take all the fillers binders and wrappers they have and combine them in a way to yield the x amount of mid-level to premium lines and total sticks rather then create a .5x uber-smokes and .5x regular lines. Which leads to my next point. I cannot believe I wrote all this and find it even less likely that someone will make it this far so the first person to respond in this thread stating that " one sock is a bigger putz than mulligan for writing it, but I'm and even bigger one for reading it" will get a bbmf. I better get back to work already.
" one sock is a bigger putz than mulligan for writing it, but I'm and even bigger one for reading it"

Did I win?

;)

I really enjoyed the review. Thanks for the effort to share a rare and special experience with us!

Someone has to get boxes of these occassionally.

Who gets them?

" one sock is a bigger putz than mulligan for writing it, but I'm and even bigger one for reading it"

Did I win?

;)

LilBastage, pm your address!
Not sure if winner is the appropriate term. It just bseems appropriate that anyone with bthe time and patience to finish that will do a bbmf justice. :)

2838438147_6146119daa.jpg

It's truly a thing of beauty, I'd love to get my paws on some of these.. Great review!

great review.

Cigar still didnt do anything for me. I have smoked about 6 of them all with different "AGES" on them. The next cple Im going to let sit for well over 10 yrs..LOL!!