• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Maduro Robusto

tomthirtysix

Wishing I was as cool as Phil
I was gifted this stick by a decent guy who runs with less than decent company. I was told it was mine, as long as I reviewed it. As anyone in the northeast will tell you, the weather rarely cooperated, even after the calendar went to "Spring."

102_1108.jpg

I clipped the cigar at 1:43 pm, in anticipation of the arrival of spring. I looked skyward, I was greeted with a gentle breez and nary a cloud to be seen. Prelight draw presented me with an array of familiar spring tastes: fresh cut grass, tree buds, pollen, and Easter eggs.

102_1109.jpg

The wrapper had a small blemish under the band. I fixed it with a piece of the cap I cut off. My heart soared as i got oatmeal, cardamon, basil and fruit loops from the first third. As it burned through, neither the hole, nor the patch job, presented problems. The second third presented a bounty of marjoram, coriander, green freeze pop, and essence of lavender.

102_1113.jpg

As I nubbed it, I tasted burning fur, with a slight hint of placenta on the finish. There was also a hint of raspberry chocolate truffled skirt steak. Although it was a horrible stick, it was a pleasure smoking it. I thank you, nameless wonder, for the opportunity.

No cello... pretty sure these are in aluminum tubos

with a slight hint of placenta on the finish

lol... nice review. Does "hint of placenta" come from somewhere? A couple buddies and I started using that phrase as an "inside" joke after smoking a particularly nasty cigar in Iraq. Maybe its not so inside...

Tom, that's strange that you got so many different flavors. I'm sure it wasn't off-putting but even if it was I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Irregardless, I smoke these pretty regularly. If I recall correctly, the last one I smoked had a prelight aroma of sweet tobacco with a little bit of that "farm" taste. The first third (a common unit of measurement in cigar smoking) was more of a muted tobacco taste with a dash of white pepper up front. The neighborhood kids thought it smelled pretty good. I believe at this point, maybe I was yelling at the kids, the burn went a little uneven, but wasn't out of control. My temper was on tilt from the nicotine.

The second third, from what I remember, had a more pronounced sweetness, followed with more of a nic kick. By now the burn had evened out, or I stopped caring in my nicotine induced rage.

The cigar finished (the final third) with a head swimming swirl of fading sweetness. The tobacco flavor regained control and took a prominent place in the character of the cigar.

Overall, I realize, an experience totally unlike yours, but I have replicated this many times over the course of many years, so ybdmv.

In all my years of smoking I have tasted both lavendar and a hint of placenta, but never in the same cigar. I need to go see if I can find some of these on Fleabay.

Tom, that's strange that you got so many different flavors. I'm sure it wasn't off-putting but even if it was I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Irregardless, I smoke these pretty regularly. If I recall correctly, the last one I smoked had a prelight aroma of sweet tobacco with a little bit of that "farm" taste. The first third (a common unit of measurement in cigar smoking) was more of a muted tobacco taste with a dash of white pepper up front. The neighborhood kids thought it smelled pretty good. I believe at this point, maybe I was yelling at the kids, the burn went a little uneven, but wasn't out of control. My temper was on tilt from the nicotine.

The second third, from what I remember, had a more pronounced sweetness, followed with more of a nic kick. By now the burn had evened out, or I stopped caring in my nicotine induced rage.

The cigar finished (the final third) with a head swimming swirl of fading sweetness. The tobacco flavor regained control and took a prominent place in the character of the cigar.

Overall, I realize, an experience totally unlike yours, but I have replicated this many times over the course of many years, so ybdmv.

Interesting. No raspberry truffled skirt steak at all?

Your nails are very nicely done for a man. Maybe too nice. :whistling:

I'll gladly review one of these for anyone who wants, just can't say my hands/nails will be as nice as Toms.