• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X on sale for CigarPass members only!

There are plenty of places that sell Opus at msrp and even with this "secondary market," they aren't raising prices. Not everything is set by demand, even for luxury goods like premium cigars.

Oh really! I'm going to need you to PM me of those sources to confirm that! :whistling:

Are you even being serious? I found them through Google and so can you.

Every place I have ever found Opus or Anjoes anywhere near MSRP are sold out. I have spent countless hours doing exhaustive internet searches, and emailing shops all over the place. I’m sure other newb’s have too, and that is why they pay these prices. I have never seen Opus at any of my B&M’s either, so if you know someplace PLEASE do share.

There are plenty of places that sell Opus at msrp and even with this "secondary market," they aren't raising prices. Not everything is set by demand, even for luxury goods like premium cigars.

Oh really! I'm going to need you to PM me of those sources to confirm that! :whistling:

Every place I have ever found Opus or Anjoes anywhere near MSRP are sold out. I have spent countless hours doing exhaustive internet searches, and emailing shops all over the place. I’m sure other newb’s have too, and that is why they pay these prices. I have never seen Opus at any of my B&M’s either, so if you know someplace PLEASE do share.

Best advice I can give...

You will never find an online retailer that sells Fuente treats around msrp and still have stock, so you can keep on searching, looking, emailing and if you happen to be lucky and land an email at just the right time, then go for it.

For everyone else, there's always this. Pop in your zip code and start making rounds. They might remember you and offer a great deal on Anejos and Opus. There are also sampler packs offered by various online retailers that include Opus X and maybe Anejos, how ever these always seem sold out for obvious reasons, so timing is everything.

It is a great cigar, but I highly advise against bending over backwards just to get some. There are plenty of other cigars out there are that are more readily available and taste great as well. Treating yourself is good, but once you start smoking a great cigar too often, it just becomes another yard-gar.

I'm not saying they don't sell out. They do. It's a limited product. There are typically 4 releases in a year, a Christmas release, a Fathers Day release and something usually in March and sometime in October/November. Ask your local B&M if they have an Opus call list, usually, there's a posting or two around here when Fuente starts shipping Opus out to dealers, your B&M will get them around that time too.

I do have some Opus. I bought a couple on here last year, and I just won a few more from a SHADY seller on an unnamed auction site, not Cbid. I will keep searching though.

My opinion is no better or worse than anyone else's, it's just an opinion. Plenty of people here disagree with me I'm sure, it's all good.

I stand by what I said, though. This secondary grey market would not exist if people would just stop paying stupid "re-raised" prices for cigars. I won't do it... if you want to, go for it.

I do sympathize with vendors somewhat, in that they are demand-driven. If they don't have an Opus account, and everyone wants Opus, they feel they have to obtain them somehow (by buying them retail and doubling the price).

Still, I feel that many vendors are preying on a combination of their customer's lack of knowledge of what MSRP pricing on these cigars should be, as well as their customer's desire for said products. This is one of the reasons for the various MSRP threads here on CP, and on vitolas.net... so that customers can make informed choices.

My suggestion would be that if you see retailers selling cigars for well over MSRP (after tobacco and sales taxes are figured into the mix), then simply don't buy the cigars. If the secondary market dries up, then we all win.

I wonder how difficult it is to obtain a Fuente account?

Good stuff, Moki!

$35K worth of product for an account that will get you Opus and Anejo.