• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Super Belicoso 2000

souldog

OG Post-Whorer since 2008 bitches...
Cigar: Opus X Super Belicoso 2000

Start Time: 0409 hours

After a very long day of re-installing, reformatting, updating, and cleaning my old desktop computer, and setting up my new setup in my office at home, I decided to celebrate and christen it with a cigar I’ve been dying to smoke ever since it came into my hands via a very generous friend of mine.
DSCN0612.jpg

DSCN0613.jpg

I removed the cello from around the cigar, and this beautiful Fuente product smells of aged heaven. The cello is starting to yellow slightly, and the decorative Opus X band is able to be moved about freely at the tip of the cigar. I decided to pair it with an old favorite, Young’s Double Chocolate Stout, and poured myself a nice tasty pint for a job well done.

DSCN0615.jpg

(That darn cat, stinkin' nosy feline... Take notes Stu.)

DSCN0616.jpg

After clipping the cap, I took a prelight draw and it tasted extremely smooth, with notes of chocolate (you’re welcome Doc) and raisins. After toasting the foot, I took a few puffs, and man oh man, is this baby smooooooth, creamy, and powerful! I believe this is the best Opus cigar I have had to date. I was able to exhale through my nose and not cough my brains out because this powerhouse is so smooth and creamy.
DSCN0618.jpg

I got into the second half, and the flavors were holding beautifully. Surprisingly the strength was still very prevalent in this cigar, even though it was from 2000. I got distracted by some more cleaning up, and almost let it go out, but thankfully after a quick touch-up and a purge, I was back in spice country.
DSCN0620.jpg

As I started into the final third, the power of the cigar started to get to me. I am usually a trooper when it comes to strong stuff, and maybe it was the glass of Young’s, or the second glass of Coconut Porter, or the psychedelic sounds of Radiohead’s “Kid A” album, but man was I feeling it. In the final third, I tasted (what I think was) ammonia, and had to purge a few times to regain the flavor it had at the beginning of the smoke. Still, a very fine cigar. Not very many wrapper/burn issues, easy on the draw, and powerful on the punch.
DSCN0623.jpg

Overall, this is again, one of the BEST Opus cigars I’ve had in a long time. I’d rank it up there right behind the BBMFM and before the BBMF. Thanks for reading!

End Time: 0601 hours
DSCN0624.jpg

Nice review. I've finally had the pleasure of smoking a few Opus X. I definitely see the appeal now.

Nice review. One question,
Why did you leave so much of that thing in the ashtray?

I'll be right over to show you how to finish one, toothpicks in hand!

Never trust a review that admits the start time was four in the morning. You're a madman!

Coconut porter, Kid A and a 10 year old Opus...

Take notes you fng heathen, here is a man with a little bit of taste.

Edit: one thing that would make your office that much more enjoyable: a nice pair of monitors. I got a pair of Fostex a couple weeks ago. Man, it's like listening to music through headphones, but no headphones. Real nice for mixing recordings as well...

Coconut porter, Kid A and a 10 year old Opus...

Take notes you fng heathen, here is a man with a little bit of taste.

Edit: one thing that would make your office that much more enjoyable: a nice pair of monitors. I got a pair of Fostex a couple weeks ago. Man, it's like listening to music through headphones, but no headphones. Real nice for mixing recordings as well...

gotta love Kid A with some Coconut Porter man. I haven't had a glass since the last time we worked out that shipment, and man oh man did I miss it!

Nice review. I've finally had the pleasure of smoking a few Opus X. I definitely see the appeal now.

You'll be able to add a RDC to your list next Thursday :thumbs:

Great review, by the way.

Jeffrey L.

Jon,

A couple of Pink Frosted Doughnuts before, or even after, smoking should help with tolerating that nicotine punch.

:thumbs:

Great review. Did it really take you 2 hours to finish that smoke?

Indeed it did. I'm slowly learning the benefits of "sipping" a fine smoke, instead of the usual locomotive-style of smoking I used to do most of the time. A cooler smoke seems to bring out some more flavor to me, and I'm able to enjoy it more.

I tried a couple of times to really slow down my cigar experience. I just can't do it :laugh: That beli would've lasted me maybe 45-60 minutes.

Indeed it did. I'm slowly learning the benefits of "sipping" a fine smoke, instead of the usual locomotive-style of smoking I used to do most of the time. A cooler smoke seems to bring out some more flavor to me, and I'm able to enjoy it more.

You betcha! I get called a Bellerina for sipping my cigars, but you so get a lot more, and better, flavor. :D

You betcha! I get called a Bellerina for sipping my cigars, but you so get a lot more, and better, flavor. :D

Yeah, look at the posts and consider the sources...Souldog and MadMonk are well know for smoking like 12 year old ballerinas (and dressing like them too). :p