• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X

You guys are safe with me, believe me, it's just on me to prove it ;)

The only thing you've been able to prove is you know jack shit about what you are selling. Go sell a hookah to some pot heads and move on Jimmy.

Don't Jimmy me Jules! :laugh:

*edit*
Why would you compare the Opus you're selling to online vendors? They are still selling them cheaper than you are! :sign:

The only thing you've been able to prove is you know jack shit about what you are selling. Go sell a hookah to some pot heads and move on Jimmy.

*edit*
Why would you compare the Opus you're selling to online vendors? They are still selling them cheaper than you are! :sign:

Hookahs aren't for pot heads, and I have never sold one to a pot head...Im more responsible than that. Again, please do not make assumptions. From my experience...online vendors are able to sell for much less because of the quantities at which they order product. So, if a RETAIL store can have prices close to or similar to online prices (to good online companies) than I think they are accomplishing not alot of retail stores can. Alot of you fellas may smoke all the cigars in the world...smoke 10 a day...smoke the cheapest to the most expensive....but you don't know what goes on as far as owning a shop, finding the right wholesalers and distributors, location for a store front, etc. Just think about it...

The ignorance displayed by this guy is astounding. :thumbs:

*edit*

Hookahs aren't for pot heads, and I have never sold one to a pot head...Im more responsible than that. Again, please do not make assumptions. From my experience...online vendors are able to sell for much less because of the quantities at which they order product. So, if a RETAIL store can have prices close to or similar to online prices (to good online companies) than I think they are accomplishing not alot of retail stores can. Alot of you fellas may smoke all the cigars in the world...smoke 10 a day...smoke the cheapest to the most expensive....but you don't know what goes on as far as owning a shop, finding the right wholesalers and distributors, location for a store front, etc. Just think about it...

If you knew anything about this forum and its members, you would know that this statement is positively FALSE. In fact, we have active, participating members who are also retailers. I can't think of a single one of them that has tried to sell us Opus X for the prices you are.

"Jimmy, have you ever....been in a cockpit before?"

<artistic license>

I agree. Here they are.

1.) The original name of his store/company
2.) The new name of his store/company
3.) pricing of Opus
4.) Hookahs are never sold to pot smokers.
5.) Not understanding how to run a business

*edit*

Hookahs aren't for pot heads(uhhh... yeah... they are!), and I have never sold one to a pot head(if you believe that then you need to be more in touch with your customer base)...Im more responsible than that. Again, please do not make assumptions. From my experience...online vendors are able to sell for much less because of the quantities at which they order product. So, if a RETAIL store can have prices close to or similar to online prices (to good online companies) (who the hell ever said the companies you listed were good) than I think they are accomplishing not alot of retail stores can. Alot of you fellas may smoke all the cigars in the world...smoke 10 a day...smoke the cheapest to the most expensive....but you don't know what goes on as far as owning a shop, finding the right wholesalers and distributors, location for a store front, etc. Just think about it...(Do you need to know how all of the 15,000 components of an automobile each work together in order to learn how to drive a car? No.... all you need are some road rules, basic instructions and a little practice. Does one need to know exactly how a B&M works to know whether they want to deal with one or not? No.... it's about pricing, selection and customer service. There are many tobacconists who are well respected members of this community who deal with the same challenges you do and offer much better pricing. Poor excuse!

*edit*

If you knew anything about this forum and its members, you would know that this statement is positively FALSE. In fact, we have active, participating members who are also retailers. I can't think of a single one of them that has tried to sell us Opus X for the prices you are.

It's actually not FALSE, but TRUE. If you read it correctly, I say "alot of you fellas". I do not say everyone here, or every member on this forum, or etc etc etc. I know there are alot of retailers here...but at the same time...I know that there are alot of non-retailers here

I was done posting on this thread until I read this.

I think you need to a few more clasess at The Universtity before you continue posting.

You clearly have very little (to no) expereicne in selling cigars. On-line or retail.

You would do best to spend you time researching and learning about this industry instead of posting things like this here.

As I said in my previous post, had you shown a thread of decency, "these fellas who smoke all the cigars in the world" probaly could have helped you run a sucessful business.

This is more experience on this board about this industry than you could learn in ten life times.

But clearly you have blown that opportunity.

It's actually not FALSE, but TRUE. If you read it correctly, I say "alot of you fellas". I do not say everyone here, or every member on this forum, or etc etc etc. I know there are alot of retailers here...but at the same time...I know that there are alot of non-retailers here

Ok...that one got me dizzy!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree. Here they are.

1.) The original name of his store/company
2.) The new name of his store/company
3.) pricing of Opus
4.) Hookahs are never sold to pot smokers.
5.) Not understanding how to run a business

The original name stems from my actual name and my brothers actual name...this is not ignorance..

The new name is the same shit, but backwards. The J stands for me and the R for my brother. There is no ignorance in this.

Pricing of Opus is based on what we paid for it (and after all this shit, we know we paid to much..and we are doing something about it). I get it!

Did I ever say Hookahs are never sold to Pot heads? I said IV never sold to a pot head. I know my customers, some on a personal basis, and I stay in contact with most customers. The people I deal with are not pot smokers (this is the last time I'll even bother defending myself on this one since I know it's a lost cause).

I do know how to run a business. If I didn't, would I have 2 Tobacco Shops, and a Hookah shop, and 3 Liquor Stores in my resume? Again, for everyone else that thinks Im an idiot...don't make assumptions. Thanks! :)

I thought this at page 2. ???

That would be the same page where your now edited and deleted post stated that you had Opus from 1992.

Dont worry, ohters have captured your post to all to see.

Keep on digging Jimmy. You are doing a great job of proving us wrong.

'edited for missing word in my post'

I do know how to run a business. If I didn't, would I have 2 Tobacco Shops, and a Hookah shop, and 3 Liquor Stores in my resume? Again, for everyone else that thinks Im an idiot...don't make assumptions. Thanks! :)

Just curious.

Which is it? Did you just open a cigar store six weeks ago with your borther and father or "have 2 Tobacco Shops...in my resume" {whatever that means}

Jimmy's CP Intro

If you have have worked at or run 2 tobacco shops, then you posting of Opus at those prices clearly shows you dont know how to run a cigar business.

Hard to keep your story straight when you tell so many lies.

Tobacco ETC #1 (Friendswood Texas)
Tobacco ETC #2 (Pearland, Texas)

Look them up, we have been in business for over 8 years at both. These are both mainly cigarette shops, but we have always carried Cigars there too. Full humidor cabinets of cigars. We actually just expanded Friendswood Cigar cabinets..

The cigar shop is a completely different entity.

If I didn't, would I have 2 Tobacco Shops, and a Hookah shop, and 3 Liquor Stores in my resume? Again, for everyone else that thinks Im an idiot...don't make assumptions.

I doubt you run a Tobacco shop that anyone here would visit. Also, you already proved how much of an idiot you can be by over paying on product and trying to sell it for profit, without researching it. I hope all of your "shops" aren't operated by that same policy. :rolleyes:

Pricing of Opus is based on what we paid for it (and after all this shit, we know we paid to much..and we are doing something about it). I get it!

Just curious.

Which is it? Did you just open a cigar store six weeks ago with your borther and father or "have 2 Tobacco Shops...in my resume" {whatever that means}

Jimmy's CP Intro

If you have have worked at or run 2 tobacco shops, then you posting of Opus at those prices clearly shows you dont know how to run a cigar business.

Hard to keep your story straight when you tell so many lies.

What it actually shows is that he clearly knew that he was gouging, and that his ignorance on the subject was feigned.

Back