• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X

Oh man, that looks tasty. I am definitely jealous!
Thanks for the review!

How long was it sitting in your humi? Does the strength add to the experience?

If you are asking between the lines that does the chili pepper aging in an humi for a few years add to the experience. Personally from what Andy told me, it would make no sense to age these babies, because they area already aged like 8-10 years before being released. Technically speaking, the 2008 chili pepper is an smoke thats been aged since the 90's or in 2000. Honestly does it need to be aged any more than that? I am thinking no. But that is my humble honest opinion.

David

There was mention of strength in the review. Just trying to understand the corrilation between aging and strength of the cigar.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but strength of a cigar is a desirable effect? Or is it just an acquired result of a fine cigar.

As far as these cigars go, didn't know they were already aged for 8-10yrs!! Smoke them if you got them!

How long was it sitting in your humi? Does the strength add to the experience?

I had it for a few weeks to adjust to temp and humidity. Some guys like to age them, but I was told that it was released at its perfect age by the manager of A Fuente in Santiago. I find that it is all personal opinion. The Padron Aniversarios seam to loose flavor from aging, to me. But others get better. Camacho always need aging.

Strength is from the tobaccos used. I honestly don't know if aging adds or takes away from strength. I guess it depends on the cigar. The stronger or the more nicotine, in conjunction with the flavor, gives a more desirable experience to me.

Sam Mendez told me that Carlito Fuente's motto is "We will sell no cigar before perfection"

Good review Andy. I have to find one first to be able to try it. It seems like I can't find any of the HTF's without being gouged all to hell. Either way, good review, glad it exceeded your expectations. Have a good weekend everyone

That has to be one of the best looking cigars I have ever seen. I am going to start looking for one of those today.

Ifyou are asking between the lines that does the chili pepper aging in an humi for a few years add to the experience. Personally from what Andy told me, it would make no sense to age these babies, because they area already aged like 8-10 years before being released. Technically speaking, the 2008 chili pepper is an smoke thats been aged since the 90's or in 2000. Honestly does it need to be aged any more than that? I am thinking no. But that is my humble honest opinion.

David

I'm not sure that's correct. I don't think the Chili Peppers are aged any longer or shorter than any other Opus vitolas. Now granted the tobacco in the cigar may vary in age from 4-8 years old, but Fuente doesn't age these cigars any longer than any other cigars.

It's essentially one person's job to roll the Chili Peppers... but he's making them fairly regularly.

Ifyou are asking between the lines that does the chili pepper aging in an humi for a few years add to the experience. Personally from what Andy told me, it would make no sense to age these babies, because they area already aged like 8-10 years before being released. Technically speaking, the 2008 chili pepper is an smoke thats been aged since the 90's or in 2000. Honestly does it need to be aged any more than that? I am thinking no. But that is my humble honest opinion.

David

I'm not sure that's correct. I don't think the Chili Peppers are aged any longer or shorter than any other Opus vitolas. Now granted the tobacco in the cigar may vary in age from 4-8 years old, but Fuente doesn't age these cigars any longer than any other cigars.

It's essentially one person's job to roll the Chili Peppers... but he's making them fairly regularly.

I bet Robbie knows him :laugh:

David

I believe I may have mis spoke my statement. Moki Correct me if I am wrong throughout this explanation. The crop is pulled in and aged around 4 to 5 years normally, depending on who are the manufacture. Then when they leave the aging room as a leaf (not a cigar yet) it is rolled, with the Chili pepper, I was under the impression that this years batch was rolled in 2004, which would make it 4 years of aging while rolled, as well as another 4 to 5 years as still a (tobacco leaf hanging in an aging room). To me that makes that tobacco itself 8 to 10 years old. That is how I came up with the number in my head. Now, I know sometimes on some cigars aging is very important, but with any Opus line cigars, those are made for perfection right out of the factory. Which is why this process is long and an careful one.

David

David

I'm with you Andrew. What I told David was told to me. That the Opus tobacco for five years then put them in the aging room.

David

Yeah? Well, who made you an authority on Opus/Fuente?