• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OpusX xXx

I smoked one right off of the shelf and thought that it was pretty strong but quite enjoyable. It lasted much longer than i thought it would, probably because of the strength. Kind of reminded me of the tatuaje noellas, though different somehow. I enjoyed and looking forward to toasting the others i have after about 6 months in my humi.

Anyone know who has those on their website at the correct MSRP or within a decent range of same, as I would like buy one to try, especially after reading this, but cannot find them locally...alas, there really isn't a good cigar store anywhere near Coral Springs unless you count Macabi and they don't have them....

Good luck finding them online at MSRP. Most of the online vendors that sell OpusX are not authorized dealers but rather buy boxes from authorized dealers and are re-selling them at a healthy profit. You need to find a good B&M that is an authorized dealer and in time you will be able to get them.

Yep, and depending on where you live, it may be all in the timing. Around my neck of the woods, you've got to be quick on the trigger or you miss your chance until the next shipment comes. Hence the reason I don't have many Opus in my humi :(

Just want to add my 2 cents on the xXx. The last two I smoked, which were from two very different boxes and locations, were crap! Yesterday, I watched as I dropped the last half of the xXx into the ashtray and walked out of the cigar shop. This particular specimen sat in my humi for the last 1.5 years. I figured that was enough time to cure the bugs and runs...but NO!!! Poor burn (kept going out), runs up the side, bad taste. Horrid! NO more for me!

-Fetter

Just want to add my 2 cents on the xXx. The last two I smoked, which were from two very different boxes and locations, were crap! Yesterday, I watched as I dropped the last half of the xXx into the ashtray and walked out of the cigar shop. This particular specimen sat in my humi for the last 1.5 years. I figured that was enough time to cure the bugs and runs...but NO!!! Poor burn (kept going out), runs up the side, bad taste. Horrid! NO more for me!

-Fetter

You want to know the secret trick. Pull the Power Ranger out at least a min of 6 hours to 24 hours for a perfect burn. Yes, they will burn great as I OpusXKC has seen a Power Ranger I had do this very feat. So if I was you, I would try that first before giving up on it. Oh wait...No give up on them and that means more for me. muuhahahahaha!!!! But seriously let them sit for hours before you smoke them. :thumbs:

I smoked my first Opus (xXx) yesterday, thanks to the peer pressure Bill put on my ass!!! :thumbs: ;)
This was smoke #1 xRanger knocked off my wishlist at our mini herf Saturday, and I must say... I WANT MORE!!!

As with the other smokes I try, I'm not going to even attempt to give a review, but it was damn good!!! Lucky for me we went out for mexican food before, and I had a full stomach, because this baby was strong!!!
Here are a couple photos of the joyous event...

IMG_0009-1.jpg

IMG_0014-1.jpg

I didn't really want this to happen, but this smoke is now one of my favorites!!! ;)
Thanks again you generous BOTL!!!

David

I smoked my first Opus (xXx) yesterday, thanks to the peer pressure Bill put on my ass!!! :thumbs: ;)
This was smoke #1 xRanger knocked off my wishlist at our mini herf Saturday, and I must say... I WANT MORE!!!

As with the other smokes I try, I'm not going to even attempt to give a review, but it was damn good!!! Lucky for me we went out for mexican food before, and I had a full stomach, because this baby was strong!!!

IMG_0009-1.jpg

IMG_0014-1.jpg

I didn't really want this to happen, but this smoke is now one of my favorites!!! ;)

David

Glad you enjoyed it, and ate something first! :D

Now you know why it is one of my favorites!

Bill

edit: spelling

MrPeat's suggestion is the only way I have ever had these (or most Opi) burn decently. 10 hours in a dry box. With a good burn, these are such a wonderful cigar.

IMG_0009-1.jpg

David

Is this a picture of a 'power ranger'?

IMG_0009-1.jpg

David

Is this a picture of a 'power ranger'?

Yes it is...

David

Anyone know who has those on their website at the correct MSRP or within a decent range of same, as I would like buy one to try, especially after reading this, but cannot find them locally...alas, there really isn't a good cigar store anywhere near Coral Springs unless you count Macabi and they don't have them....

Good luck finding them online at MSRP. Most of the online vendors that sell OpusX are not authorized dealers but rather buy boxes from authorized dealers and are re-selling them at a healthy profit. You need to find a good B&M that is an authorized dealer and in time you will be able to get them.

Neuromancer is LONG gone there LostGringo.. :laugh: