• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OR Anejo #49

Anyone have any luck getting their money back?

From what very small amount of communication there has been, Ed is supposedly getting the authorities involved. As far as Ed refunding anything, we each did receive a small portion at the beginning (supposedly received back from the scumbag), however nothing since. Ed continues to be non-communicative with us unless we send email asking what's going on, and even then it's very minimal. We will keep the board posted if/when refunds are received.

From what very small amount of communication there has been, Ed is supposedly getting the authorities involved. As far as Ed refunding anything, we each did receive a small portion at the beginning (supposedly received back from the scumbag), however nothing since. Ed continues to be non-communicative with us unless we send email asking what's going on, and even then it's very minimal. We will keep the board posted if/when refunds are received.

You may want to try to PM him on ICC. :angry:

Ed continues to be non-communicative with us unless we send email asking what's going on, and even then it's very minimal.

Sounds like nothing has changed. Ed displayed the same courtesy on the GB of Avos and the GB of baggies.
Hard to tell what he will do next.

Hope you get reimbursed.

Edit spelling

Ed continues to be non-communicative with us unless we send email asking what's going on, and even then it's very minimal.

Sounds like nothing has changed. Ed displayed the same curtsy on the GB of Avos and the GB of baggies.
Hard to tell what he will do next.

Hope you get reimbursed.

0511-0809-2414-5610_Woman_Doing_a_Curtsy_with_Pride_Clip_Art_clipart_image.jpg

?

Yep just a small portion of the funds have been refunded for myself.

Jim

Yep just a small portion of the funds have been refunded for myself.

Jim

x3 (about 20% of the total)

I e-mailed Ed yesterday, and he said he was in contact with the scumbag, and if he didn't receive further communication from him, he would go to the authorities today. I plan on contacting tonight to see if he went through with it.

I hate to tell ya - but I had a similar case back in the day. Had a guy purchase a diamond off the internet, only to find out it was not what he thought it would be. Thought he was getting the Hope Diamond and ended up with a diamond just above industrial grade. Spent some good coin, too... The State's Attorneys opinion - if it's advertised as a Mercedes - and he shipped a Mercedes - nothing can be done - even if it is later discovered that the interior and engine compartment are gutted and the car has 500,000 miles on it...

Essentially, my understanding is/was - if it is what is advertised (i.e. cigars), the price paid was agreed upon prior to the sale and the cigars were received as promised - there is likely no cause for criminal action even though the person may have purported the cigars to be some kind of special release ("beyond a reasonable doubt" standards are a bitch). Also -- given the victim lives in a different jurisdiction from the offender, it is even less likely prosecution will happen.

Your best hope is that some sympathetic cop decides to put the heat on the guy and he coughs up the cash. Which means you need to find a sympathetic cop, and a bad guy that respects the law... From what I've seen thus far - you're hoping the stars and moons line up, but likely at least Uranus will not want to cooperate... :sign:

There is always civil action - but be prepared to shell out some moolah upfront for the attorney... :(

I got the feeling most cops got better and more important things do. And further more, I wouldn't want my taxpayer's money being spent to make a cigar deal gone bad made right.

Doc.

I have to agree. The only thing that would happen with this is the hope that this guy isn't as bad a scumbag as we already know he is, and that mentioning "getting the law involved" will make him give back the money. Other than that, I don't see calling the police doing anything at all.

Anyone know if he is still active on the other boards?

WOW, I go on vacation and shit happens. I'll keep my mouth shut, mainly b/c I haven't read the entire 17 pages, but damn.

Who the F said you could leave??!! Awrite, who told Freebern it was ok to take vacation?

This is truly sad. Keep the pressure on him where it hurts, cigar sights and forums, using the info Moki gathered and anything else you can find!

Can other cigar forums put pressure on him?

I don't know anything about ISP stuff but would it do any good to contact his ISP and let them know what he is doing?

A damn fine BWCA (Northwoods) canoe trip, it was. Sad to see this happen while I was out, but it was expected, to say the least.

Theft by deception via the mail. I would look state and federally and notify the postmaster general.

Theft by deception via the mail. I would look state and federally and notify the postmaster general.

:laugh:

C'mon, Tyler - take on the case pro bono!!! It will be a career maker!!! :whistling: