• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Overkill Humidification in a Desk Top ?

You make some pretty nice looking humidors! Do you make any smaller than cabinet size on your website?

It looks to me that a setup like that might be overkill, but whatever people are willing to pay for I guess.

What, no temperature control? It's not that "over the top" LOL!! :p

I wonder what he keeps in there that requires that kind of treatment. The liquid is 50/50 or distilled? Are the switches set for a hi/lo RH level, or soecific to timing? If the switches are for timing, how long did it take to figure out you timing to achieve the proper RH? Is that control unit something you designed(I am in electronics)? Last question, where did you get the tiny fans? I have been looking for something like that.

Emo

Emo,

They look like standard 25mm x 10mm thick fans you can find in a number of places. Here is one place with both 10mm and 15mm thickness fans.

Those fans are tiny bro. They look like they're 5mm across. The ones in the link look like standard computer fans.

Emo

Unless of course the humi is huge. lol

I wonder what he keeps in there that requires that kind of treatment.

His prized ISOM's of course ;)

The liquid is 50/50 or distilled?

Distilled water is all thats used!

Are the switches set for a hi/lo RH level, or soecific to timing? If the switches are for timing, how long did it take to figure out you timing to achieve the proper RH? Is that control unit something you designed(I am in electronics)?

There is a sensor that tells the controller the RH & Temp. The sensor is situated inside the humidor in a location out of the flow of any 'fan' forced air. To achieve the EXACT RH you select a precise 'set point' [within 1/10th % of a degree RH] . When the RH is 'sensed' below the set point, the controller allows current to flow to the Humdifier causing the fans to turn and generate humidity. You also get to set the control differential [hystersis]. This is the 'sensitity' of the controller. Typically I send out my systems preset to 1/10th %. What this means is: if the set point is 67.5% and the RH is measured at 67.4% or less the humidifier will be activated. When the RH is 67.5 or greater the humidifier is inactive.

The two black knobs are used to regulate the recirculation fans that run independently of the RH. Instead they are regulated by an independant timer/relay that cycles indefinately between 'on' and off' . .They 'relay' requires the duration of the 'off cycle' to be set and also the duration of the 'on cycle' . The minimum duration for any cycle ['on' or 'off'] is .25 hours with a maximum duration of 5 hours.

Last question, where did you get the tiny fans? I have been looking for something like that.

Fans came from Mouser or Digikey, I forget which.... ???

Top of the line Humidors should have the best humidifaction system. Looks you have it there Arlin, both ways. :thumbs:

Those are some very nice humidors...a little out of my price range...the craftsmanship that I can see based on the photos is superior. Only wish I had the skills and the tools...:)

Is this your fulltime occupation?

-P-

I have been making Humidors for nearly 10 years, so i guess I am full time at it.

The controller is made of components I 'combine/integrate' into the finished package. I prefer to keep my sources private, as I worked hard at developing this.

Arlin:

As allways bro, Top Notch :thumbs:

I am gonna have an AL Humi when I grow up :p