• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padilla Habano

Mr_Wolf

He's watching.............
I've been on a Padilla kick the last few weeks, and I have tried them all except for the Habano. We stopped at a B&M last week on the way to PA, and I happened to find the robusto size there.

All the info regarding this and all Padillas cigars can be found here on their website.

8aa83c7c.jpg

This cigar is a well constructed 5x50 coffee colored robusto, with a nice pre-light draw. It produced thick, creamy white smoke all the way to the end. It had a nice pleasing tobacco taste on the palette. The Padilla site says it's medium bodied, but I found the first 1/2 to mellow, and not very complex. Still an enjoyable smoke, although more suited (for me) as a morning or lunch time treat.

d06f871e.jpg

7332193a.jpg

The ash was pretty flaky during the entire cigar.

8b78a062.jpg

ad26fd84.jpg

The final third produced a more pronounced tobacco flavor. I had a cup of strong black coffee paired with this, and it started to overpower the cigar. I think it might be better paired with a nice cup of tea or water. I will definitely be adding this to my Sunday morning rotation!

Very nice review and photos. Thanks. Being a Padilla fan myself, I have been wondering about these...

I've been on a Padilla kick the last few weeks, and I have tried them all except for the Habano. We stopped at a B&M last week on the way to PA, and I happened to find the robusto size there.

All the info regarding this and all Padillas cigars can be found here on their website.

8aa83c7c.jpg

This cigar is a well constructed 5x50 coffee colored robusto, with a nice pre-light draw. It produced thick, creamy white smoke all the way to the end. It had a nice pleasing tobacco taste on the palette. The Padilla site says it's medium bodied, but I found the first 1/2 to mellow, and not very complex. Still an enjoyable smoke, although more suited (for me) as a morning or lunch time treat.

d%20:thumbs:Have%20you%20tried%20the%20Padilla%20Cuban%20Blend%2006f871e.jpg

7332193a.jpg

The ash was pretty flaky during the entire cigar.

8b78a062.jpg

ad26fd84.jpg

The final third produced a more pronounced tobacco flavor. I had a cup of strong black coffee paired with this, and it started to overpower the cigar. I think it might be better paired with a nice cup of tea or water. I will definitely be adding this to my Sunday morning rotation!
Thanks for the great review? :thumbs: Ironically, I had a bro send me a Torp and then tell me not to smoke it as he may be returning the box! :D

Great review!

I had a Padilla Churchill and really liked it! :D

Thanks for the great review? :thumbs: Ironically, I had a bro send me a Torp and then tell me not to smoke it as he may be returning the box! :D

If so, I'll hook you up with more Steve.

If so, I'll hook you up with more Steve.
I think I may get to smoke it. No mention of returning it for over a week so he probably got a return with one or two missing. The bottom half of the box was moldy. My stick has a little mold on it. Come to think of it, maybe I should address that now before it gets worse. ???

Ya think? :D

Nice review, Looks like I need to dig mine out of the humi.

looks like they changed the band?
Actually, I thought this was an entirely different release that the Padilla Habano you are thinking of. But, I can't find anything telling me they are different, so I have no idea. There's nothing on their site about cigars with this label. But they also do not have anything about the 1932 up there, either.

Good review, I have a box of the torps and really enjoy it with a glass of neat RonZ, really brings out the flavors in this cigar.

I had one of these while I was in NY. I found it to be enjoyable.

looks like they changed the band?
Actually, I thought this was an entirely different release that the Padilla Habano you are thinking of. But, I can't find anything telling me they are different, so I have no idea. There's nothing on their site about cigars with this label. But they also do not have anything about the 1932 up there, either.

The packaging for the Habano line was recently totally redesigned, including the band. The old band resembled the one currently on the Hybrid and Maduro. More info on Ernesto Padilla and his sticks can be found here, the Wiki article on Ernesto with links to Wiki articles on the cigars.

And, BTW, I love the Habano Churchill. It is rapidly becoming one of my regulars. I'm about done with one box, and my wife gave me another for my birthday, which isn't until the end of the month, but she couldn't wait. :thumbs:

Cheers!

Richard Hardesty/Glacierman
Editor, Wikipedia Pepin Garcia & Ernesto Padilla projects.

Thanks a lot for the info and the links... I sent an email from the Padilla site when I first posted that, asking about the packaging, but I never heard back from them.