• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PADILLA

sir-smokes-a-lot

A Freudian Slip in progress
http://padillacigars.com/

Yeah, so I am sure a bunch of us on the board have heard about Padilla's cigars and the pass here that is taking waay too long.

My 2 cents, this is a fantastic cigar, Padilla is a great guy and I cannot wait to see these hit the stores.

Beside being a member here, also post at CW, CF, cA, ...
Over at CigarWeekly, Padilla has been doing some rescent posting. On his intro thread he invited everyone to e-mail him and he wouls send them 2 cigars, a torp. and a robusto [the 3rd cigar of the brand is a Churchill]. I e-mailed Padilla last week and within 3 days, got a return e-mail and a package with 2 cigars and a neat postcard.

Okay, for a quick review.
Got these on fri, let them sitover the weekend and along with some coold MGDs and a book set out to smoke the robusto.

Wrapper was smooth and shiney, no blemishes. This was rolled by a pro; medium brown, symmetrical, smooth, no veins or rough edges. The cap was fused to the body as one, as if the torcedor took his time to make it perfect. Smelling the foot, I was treated to a wealth of flavor.

After a quick double-blade cut I tested a perfect draw.

The cigar was smoked about 2/3 of the way through.
Nice quantity of smoke
white/greay ash, med-hard.

fantastic taste! let me just say that this cigar I will buy again, no questions asked. if I was not a poor college boy, I would buy a box with no second guess.

the taste was med, a little spicey, with a hint of that complexity one finds in a RASS.

Thank you very much Mr. Padilla, you made my mon. night!

:thumbs:

[P.S. this is one of a series of reviews I will be writing, I do not normally review, but so many cool things have been happening lately that I feel the need to raid the humi. this was my pre-production smoke]

I've heard a lot about these smokes in assorted places. Are they not in stores yet? Can you order them direct?

other1 said:
I've heard a lot about these smokes in assorted places. Are they not in stores yet? Can you order them direct?
Last time I checked Padilla said they would be inrtoduced at this year's RTDA show later this year.
so they should be in stores by fall.

tho you can get a preview by watching G-Unit's "Wanna Get to Know You" 50 Cent's rap group is smoking them in the video.

:thumbs:

In answer to my own question I did a google search and actually found a few online stores selling them. Only by the box.. I'll wait until I can get a single stick somewhere to try.

Mr Padilla will help you locate a store by you that sell them. There is a shop in Baton Rouge that sell them :thumbs:

I emailed Padilla (through their website info@padillacigars.com) and was turned down cold. Needless to say, I WAS looking forward to trying this cigar, but.............

And for the price he said ( $5.50 - $7.00 ) I've already got a few great smokes in that range that a Padilla won't be able to compete with.

Sorry for the **** sandwich Padilla, but when everyone is receiving samples all over the place, and you selectively turn down others.......you get what you've got coming. Pretty piss poor if you ask me.

M. Gipson

Hello,

Thank you for the review. As for turning someone down. Please understand that it was done on a limited basis we are a small company and we can't afford to continue an open free promotion. I have done the promo on different sites and i must say i satrted here at cigarpass.

The people who sent me information will be put on a list to taste our MADURO in the future. I'm sorry if you are upset I hope you understand.

Regards,
Ernesto Padilla
Padilla cigars
www.padillacigars.com

Hope you keep my info for the Maduro Ernesto. I would love to try one. Guess I'll get to try the nats shortly. :thumbs:

Just like Mike said, Hope you keep my info also Ernesto for your future Maduro line. Can't wait to try your present line which looks to be pretty shortly..... :) :thumbs: :)

I will let you know when the MADURO samples are in. I wanted to let you know that Cigar Aficionado scored the Padilla hybrid--the scores, robusto got a 90 Torpedo-91 Churchill-86

Regards,
Ernesto Padilla
Padilla cigars

Back