• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1926 #35

LC-Smoker

Have you seen my stapler?
I have been very eager to try these out since I heard about them this summer. They finally arrived in the local shop on Friday. I picked up a couple of them. Saturday I was at the Montpelier Horse Races and decided to give one a go.

Here's the review:

As with the rest of the 1926 line, this was a very nice looking cigar. It was box pressed with a dark and rustic maduro wrapper. It was pretty firm and heavy for such a small stick.

The draw was perfect! I light it up and was immediately reminded of my favorite 1926; the #6 maduro. It had a deep, rich sweetness and maybe some caramel (I got some caramel flavors out of a port the other day; now I think everything tastes like caramel; sorry :laugh: ).

The burn was even and the cigar produced alot of smoke. While smoking, you could see the oils begin to rise to the surface; very nice!

Gradually over the course of the smoke deep earthy tones (maybe Peat) began to increase and the sweetness was religated to a subsidiary position.

I smoked this little guy until my fingers started to burn!

Overall it was a great smoke and I highly recommend it to others who like the 1926 line.

Patrick

Lumberg said:
How long did it take you to smoke?
[snapback]247398[/snapback]​

I don't remember exactly, but I will venture to guess that it was longer than 35 min.

I should also note that the shop was charging $10 for them; I don't know what MSRP for the #35 is, but that price seemed to be reasonable based on what the others in that line run.

LC-Smoker said:
Lumberg said:
How long did it take you to smoke?
[snapback]247398[/snapback]​

I don't remember exactly, but I will venture to guess that it was longer than 35 min.

I should also note that the shop was charging $10 for them; I don't know what MSRP for the #35 is, but that price seemed to be reasonable based on what the others in that line run.
[snapback]247415[/snapback]​

MSRP is $10.00. Nice to see you can get them for that.

ree ree robusto said:
Not a bad price. LC, pick me up a few. ;) Addy in profile.

Ree
[snapback]247705[/snapback]​

Amen! I have yet to see ANY Padron Anni here in this town-o-mine :( thangk Gawd for internet sales...

Better hurry if you want to get them from him on this batch.

I had to be down there earlier today to vote in the election and my girlfriend and I both picked up a couple :D

Great review can't wait to smoke one of these beautiful sticks.

CYG

Also trying hard not to take any Tu Th Night classes next semester :cool: (it will be my first in a while without them).

Called my local B&M -- they didn't have them in stock. I asked the guy on the phone what he thought they were going to sell them for, and he said, "Oh, probably $25."

:angry2: :whistling:

I picked up a couple of the #35 maddies at the local shop today, and darned if they aren't the cutest little things! Even the tiny little box is cute. :D

Anyone who can't get them where they are but would like to try a few, drop me a PM. I can pick up a few sticks for you.

Wilkey

Ginseng said:
I picked up a couple of the #35 maddies at the local shop today, and darned if they aren't the cutest little things! Even the tiny little box is cute. :D

Anyone who can't get them where they are but would like to try a few, drop me a PM. I can pick up a few sticks for you.

Wilkey
[snapback]247882[/snapback]​

what did you have to pay, wilkey?

principe size? :whistling: :cool:

that'd be nice

Hi Marc,
I paid $10.08 per stick for the maduro.

KB,
These are smaller than the Principe. The Principe are 4.5 x 46rg. The #35 are quite a bit shorter but about as big around at 4.0 x 47rg. That half inch makes them seem much smaller. So figure about a HdM Petite Robusto but just a little thinner.

Wilkey

Ginseng said:

Wilkey
[snapback]247882[/snapback]​

They sold out the first day Wilkey. I'm working on more now.

Awwww, crap. Saves me a trip to the store tomorrow then. :(

Let me know, Gary.

BTW, I got the LGC Fig Res Felicias. I am very much looking forward to enjoying these over the next year or so. Thanks so much for the special service on this one. :thumbs:

Guys, do not hesitate to contact Gary at www.cigar-ettecity.com for your cigar needs. At the risk of sounding like a shill, I know Gary and I've met and talked with Frank Speciale the owner of Cigar-ette City and they are great guys. There's no corporation behind this operation. More often than not when I visit in the mornings, Gary's back there busily packing web orders for shipment. When you get served in a way that makes you feel like you're a friend first and a valued customer second, it merits your time. [/fanboy]

Wilkey

The tinderbox (after I just got off the phone with them) Shelia (the old boss) told me that she's calling them and she's had 3 or 4 calls about them just today...

These will be hard to grab for awhile guys.

WooHOO! Just went down tot the local shop, he has the 35's. Picked up 4 of them at 11 bucks, and after smoking one tonihgt, might grab a box, too. They look like a GREAT little cigar. Going to give my aged short stories a run for their money.

Edit to add: I'm so excited to try one that I can barely wait to get out of work.

ok, WOW. FIrst of all, I haven't "roach clipped" a cigar in quite some time.
For a short little cigar, this baby had a depth and complexity, and an ever-changing personality that I have not experienced in any small cigar. I expected no less from a Padron 1926, but was still amazed. It was perfect for smoking outside in NOvember in CT, becasue by the end I was really cold and wanted in, if I had lit a bigger cigar, I would have been uncomfortable (about 37 degrees).

Pre-light draw-PERFECT
COnstruction- PERFECT
Burn- PERFECT

Smoking it:
I started the cigar off, and for maybe the first 4 puffs, was not sure I would love it. It had a slightly "burnt" flavor that I wasn't sure about, kind of like over-carmalized sugar. Then, before I could even fathom being dissapointed, it changed in to this smooth (forgive me) creamy cchocolate bliss. You could really taste the cocoa that Padron rolls into the 1926 Series ;)
For a four inch cigar to change and evolve as much as this did, was breathtaking.
Was it as good as a full-sized 1926 or PAM? I would say probably not. HOWEVER, it was BRAND NEW...2 hours humi time after coming home form a shop that sometimes leaves cigars a little wet. I am confident that with just a few weeks, and especially with a few months or more, these will be outstanding.

Did it take the title of best short smoke away from my aging short stories? Not quite yet. The smokes are of SUCH a different personality that I really wouldn't be comfortable comparing the two. The padron is a big cigar in a little cigar's body, almost all the characteristics of what is pretty widely regarded as one of the top NC's in the world. The Short story is a near-perfect little cigar, but it is meant to be exactly that. It is nopt a shrot version of something else...it is exquisite in its own right.

Hope this was enjoyable...didn't know whether I should start a new thread for it, or just add on to the review.

I wish I had taken any pics. It a beaut of a cigar. I thought about putting it down and going upstairs to get the camera...but really didn't want it to go out...it was so small that a re-light might have really screwed things up. I can take pics of the next one.

Josh