• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1926 40th Anniversary

Txrayngers

Anyone had the chance to try one of these? This is the first time I have ever seen them. At $26 a pop is it truly worth it? Also, is it supposed to be any different than a regular '26? Any insight is appreciated.

I've only had one and it was at the outlaw's 25% what-you-smoke-in-the-shop Sundays. I thought it was a fantastic smoke, very rich and full-bodied. There's no way I could tell the difference between this and the regular 26 series (if there is), but it was one of the better cigars I've had in a long-while.

Same exact blend as a regular 1926 and since they generally cost more, I don't think they're worth it when you can get any other 1926 for less money.

Same exact blend as a regular 1926 and since they generally cost more, I don't think they're worth it when you can get any other 1926 for less money.

And CC hit it right on the mark with this one. Same blend as the other 1926's so its no different other than the shape, price, and amount of tobacco used. Not really worth it and I've smoked a few of them. I prefer the #2 over the rest of them. :thumbs:

They are excellent...not sure if they're worth the price tag or not, but they are quite enjoyable. MSRP is $25, so $26 isn't that bad. I think the blend might be slightly different than the regular '26 line, but don't hold me to that. I've smoked a few and have a few more aging in the deepest darkest depths of my humidor.

And CC hit it right on the mark with this one. Same blend as the other 1926's so its no different other than the shape, price, and amount of tobacco used. Not really worth it and I've smoked a few of them. I prefer the #2 over the rest of them. :thumbs:

I thought I read somewhere that the 40th Anniversaries had a slightly modified blend from the regular 1926 line? More ligero or something l ike that...

Don't remember where I read it though... ???

It's the same blend.

I think this vitola brings something out of it that I don't get with the others. For me, they are worth it. I do not smoke them often, but for an occasional celebratory smoke, I think these are damn fine cigars.

Others see no difference in these and the other vitolas and balk at the price.

You will never know for yourself until you try one.

It's the same blend.

I think this vitola brings something out of it that I don't get with the others. For me, they are worth it. I do not smoke them often, but for an occasional celebratory smoke, I think these are damn fine cigars.

Others see no difference in these and the other vitolas and balk at the price.

You will never know for yourself until you try one.

I like the 40th the best. Aside from it being a fantastic smoke, The feeling of holding this cigar is unique. The construction is flawless. Gives you the feeling of Luxury. I also like the size of it. I say to try one!

A nearby B&M usually has these at MSRP. I have not brought myself to splurge on one yet, when they have the other 1926 there too. But I think based on this, and Atuck, your comment, I am gonna give one a try and assess one for myself very soon.

A nearby B&M usually has these at MSRP. I have not brought myself to splurge on one yet, when they have the other 1926 there too. But I think based on this, and Atuck, your comment, I am gonna give one a try and assess one for myself very soon.

Like any cigar it is a matter of taste for that one person. I personally enjoy this cigar and find for myself that it is different than the regular 1926's. Just to me that it is a better smoke but I do also enjoy the 1926's as well and do smoke them at least 2-3 times a week but the 40th is for a special smoke when I want the very very nice cigar.

Like any cigar it is a matter of taste for that one person. I personally enjoy this cigar and find for myself that it is different than the regular 1926's. Just to me that it is a better smoke but I do also enjoy the 1926's as well and do smoke them at least 2-3 times a week but the 40th is for a special smoke when I want the very very nice cigar.

Me too!! :thumbs:

They have 6 of these at Duke City for $119. Anybody interested in a split?

edit: Well, it was a six pack last time I looked, now it's a fiver. I think I'll pass.

Back