• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1926 sampler

mhn

okay, so I may have the opportunity to buy either a Nat or a Maduro Padron 1926 sampler from a local shop.

My questions are, does anyone know what they usually retail for (or what MSRP might be)?

Also, is it worth it? Are they good enough to validate paying the price (yes, I realize this is a very subjective question and I would rather this not turn into a "I would never pay that much for a cigar" thread. I'm looking for opinions of people who have purchased/smoked 'em.

Thanks!!,
Mike

They're pretty pricey, if I remember correctly. Something like $16, $18, and $20 per stick (for your typical size breakdowns). I picked up a #1 Maduro. Heard good things aboug this line. I say if its reasonable, go for it, since these are pretty rare.

Just my .02.

I had a #9 Maduro at the Holiday Herf...Very nice smoke..cost me $20

Gator and I were at the Padron offices a couple of weeks ago and we talked about the sampler. I believe he said they were going to retail for $67 or $69. Something like that anyway.

Individually the prices are as follows:

no. 1 = $20
no. 9 = $18
no. 2 = $16
no. 6 = $12

Total = $66

Its a little bit more but they are rare and you're able to get them all in one package.

I'm a Padron slut so I'll probably get one. I've had all of them and they are absolutely amazing. Great flavor, yet smooth. Perfect construction.

Is it worth it? Only you can answer that.

ricmac25 said:
Is it worth it? Only you can answer that.
VERY valid point...thanks for the opinions.

I think if it's $69 I'll probbaly jump on it, otherwise in a few months I'll probably wish I would have gotten them.

I was in two shops today and both had for $89. Thought that was too high. Seems they can get what they what for them this time of year.

The Maduro is one of the best cigars I have smoked. I know that people always will tell you that they are overrated, but in my opinion, the 1926's are awesome cigars, but for a special occaision with that price.

ALostTexan

I though those samplers had FIVE cigars in them and went for around $100.00??

I had my first 1964 yesterday (Diplomatico). Expensive, hard to get but a nice cigar!!

Is there really that much difference between that and a 1926?

Anyone (RicMac)?

Oh, and back to topic, get the maduros

The 1926 is aged a year more. I would say the taste is a little fuller and the price is a little heavier, LOL.

They are both awesome cigars.

As for the samplers:

The 64 sampler has 5 cigars one being the "A" size that is only available in the sampler.

The 26 sampler has just 4 cigars one of each size, 1, 9, 2, 6. I saw these at my shop for $70. I'll probably see if I can scrounge one up.