• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1964 Torpedo Maduro

Breedy

Busted
Cigar: Padron 1964 Torpedo Maduro 6 x 52

Evening Recap: Went out for Birthday dinner with wife and friends while mother-law watch the little one. If you have never been to a Brazilian Grill, meat on sticks delivered to your table, enough said. Also decided to try a mojito or three, wow I am a Imperial Stout guy, but they were damn tasty.

Prelight: Flawless construction and a wrapper to die for. Paired with a B.O.R.I.S. Oatmeal Stout from Hopping Frog. This beer is awesome, to bad its only a local market selection.

641.jpg

Pre-light draw seemed kind of loose, but cut was flawless with XI2

First Third: I was wrong about draw, it was perfect producing thick white smoke. The PAM was missing the initial spice I often associate with the Padron X000's series. Nothing but thick cocoa flavors and hint of coffee.

642.jpg

Second Third: Thick smoke continues to impress. Subtle hints of spice start to creep in, not at all overpowering, but a pleasant tingle on the tongue

Last Third: Spice continues to build, not the pepper spice that I associate with many of the Fuente lines, more of subdued taste of nutmeg. The spice continues to the nub with out ever being harsh or unpleasant.

644.jpg

Conclusion: It has been some time since I visited this old friend, it was one of the first true premium cigars I smoked. I find it interesting how my palate has change over my short time here. I would highly recommend to any other newbie to keep a few of these on hand for special occasions. Yet again, if you are welling to wait these can be had at under MSRP on various cigar auction sites.

Nice review! These are one of my favorites when I have the time to enjoy them!

An absolutely wonderful smoke. One of my personal favs.

Being a stout fan myself, that beer looks mighty tasty.

I actually smoked one of these last week and it was really good, just as you describe. Thanks for the great review!

Nice review! I had one of these two weeks ago, which was my first in quite a long time. As a matter of fact, it was my first cigar from this line in quite a long time. I had forgotten just how incredible these were.

Great review of a fantastic smoke. The Padon '64 line up is classic..... :thumbs:

I had not had one in a while as well and I revisited this just last week. I found the 1st third to be rather uneventful but by the second third, it exploded into rich goodness and remained until the nub. Great stick.

Thanks for the review

I never had a Padron before, but will in the near future.
I just bought a box of these 1964s from Mark at TowerCigars.
If they suck, I'll send them over to you FREE.

Thanks for the review

I never had a Padron before, but will in the near future.
I just bought a box of these 1964s from Mark at TowerCigars.
If they suck, I'll send them over to you FREE[/b].

In that case there are terrible. :whistling:

Killer review! To me, this treat is better than any Opus X or Anejo out there. Sorry, Fuente's! :cool:

Have a box of the maduro 64 torps that have been resting since winter. Sounds like time to fire one up!

Great review. I thoroughly enjoy this cigar. Have a 64 and some 26s in the humidor as I type.