• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 80th

TugBoat

Yesterday I smoked a Padron 80th at my local B&M. I walked in and talked to the guy at the register, Jo (a real good guy, hasn't steered me wrong yet). I asked for his help in selecting a cigar for the night. He showed me that they just got in the Padron 80th. I was sold, that was the one I was going to smoke that night.

He offered to cut the cigar for me. He cut the head and then just a bit off the foot. I tested the draw and it was perfect. I lightly toasted the foot and it lit up easily. When I first lit it there was an uneven burn but it quickly corrected itself.

This cigar was probably the most complex I've ever smoked. Most of the flavors I tasted I couldn't put a name to but it was great. The most noticeable flavor I tasted was butterscotch, It was incredible.

While smoking I looked at the cigar and decided that the 80th had a flawless wrapper and was rolled perfectly. This cigars construction was perfect. I thought other cigars I have had in the past had a perfect draw or could not of been rolled better, the this cigar really set the bar.

Overall this cigar lasted me about 1.5 hours and the entire cigar was great. I believe this may be the best cigar I've ever smoked. I will say I am a Padron whore so I am kind of biased.

If I can find a box I will definitely buy it, they are expensive at $30 buck a pop, but are worth it as a special occasion smoke.

I've haven't seen these yet, but he cut the foot, too?

Interesting.

I've haven't seen these yet, but he cut the foot, too?

Interesting.

Yeah, its a perfecto and he said from what he has seen in the shop and experienced with the 80th it seems that unless you open the foot up just a little it tends to burn unevenly.

Man, I haven't seen these around these parts yet either. From the reviews so far they do sound like they are going to be a winner. I had thought about trimming the foot of the Hemis just a tad as well, but haven't tried it yet.

:cool:

I hear that these are terrible cigars and that people should stay away from them!

Maybe the price will go down if I continue this rumor :laugh:

Well,

I guess we could start a whisper campaign that these are flavoured with fine bourbon vanilla and exotic tropical spices. :whistling:

Wilkey

Well,

I guess we could start a whisper campaign that these are flavoured with fine bourbon vanilla and exotic tropical spices. :whistling:

Wilkey

Ambrosias' with a hairdo.

Wilkey wax poetic over the taste profile of these cigars.

Sorry Tugboat for the thread jack :whistling:

I like this idea of trimming the foot. Thanks for including that in your post.

Well,

Wilkey

That would definitely explain some of the flavors I could taste. And because that makes it a flavored cigar its crap. :whistling: :D

Definitely not worth $30 a stick, ignore my entire review and save yourselves by sending all Padron 80th's to me for immediate disposal.

:sign:

Wilkey wax poetic over the taste profile of these cigars.

Sorry Tugboat for the thread jack :whistling:

No worries, this is great. :thumbs:

I like this idea of trimming the foot. Thanks for including that in your post.

I think it helped the burn a little bit. This cigar would of burned great even without it, but my experience with perfecto's is that if I don't light it perfectly to begin with I will definitely be touching it up trying to fix any runs along the side. I took the lighter to it twice, once to light it and again after it went out 1/2 way through (I set it down for longer than I meant to and it went out).

When I re lit it after it went out Jo (the guy running the shop) let me use his Gatsby lighter by Dupont. I will say that made for the best and easiest relight I've ever had. I blew out the stale smoke, put the cigar to the flame and two puffs later it was completely lit and there was no change of flavor, it was just like it was before it went out. I am now in search of a nice soft flame lighter to use indoors when my X-tend may be overkill.

Very nice cigar. As with most Padron's, unfortunately. you have to smoke the stick, not the price...somehow you will enjoy it more :D

Brian

For thirty bucks, I want the whole smoke the way it was meant to be smoked and that means leaving the foot intact! I've never had a burn problem with my perfecto and I definitely wouldn't expect one with the 80th.Thanks for the review

For thirty bucks, I want the whole smoke the way it was meant to be smoked and that means leaving the foot intact! I've never had a burn problem with my perfecto and I definitely wouldn't expect one with the 80th.Thanks for the review

If you watch the video Mr.Mac linked to even Jorge Padron recommends cutting just a bit off the foot.

Don't know if y'all noticed it but if you let the video player continue, you get to see several more CA cigar related videos.

And thanks for the link/video. I'd never seen it.

Dan

smoked my first today. It was awesome. I tasted hints of cedar in the first third. I agree that it was very complex and it was smooth. Splatterings of different flavors that are ghost like. As soon as I would try and identify a certain flavor, something else would slowly appear. :0

I haven't even seen any of these. But I've smoked tens of dozens of the perfecto shaped cigars. I have yet to see or hear of shaving the foot of a perfecto. Although, I admit I have given it some thought of my own on several occasions. But I can't imagine not going through the torture of not getting any smoke for the first 10 minutes as it takes it's freakin sweet time to finally overcomes the nipple. Why would anyone deny themselves this frustrating and quite irratating proccess? Hell it's like starting with a plugged cigar and then... bam... unplugged! I myself, if I ever get the pleasure of smoking an Padron 80th, will not deny myself the pain of getting to the pleasure. :cool: