• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Millenium

w00ts!te

Go GREEN! Go WHITE!
Hey Guys. I have been given the chance to purchasing a full humidor of these for $6500 from a friend. Do you think that paying $65/each makes sense? I don't really have the money like that but I wonder if I could sell the humidor there after to subsidize the costs. What are your thoughts? I am on the fence about this. ???

Doesn't make sense to me but it isn't my money. Those are really rare and excellent cigars but they come at a hefty price.

Good question just factor in that i believe the original MSRP on that was $3500 :whistling: They are extreme HTF's but are they that extreme ??? Good luck on your decision!!

Actually. I could setup a split and see how much activity I could get. I honestly don't want to pass up this "deal".

Just a suggestion.....................Have the cigars in hand before accepting any money for a BS.

Just a suggestion.....................Have the cigars in hand before accepting any money for a BS.

Yeah. I would need to have scouts honors so people don't pull out at the last minute. Thanks for the tip.

Personally, if I didn't have the money to buy it outright, I wouldn't put myself in the position of running a buy.

Also, these are great cigars, but I wouldn't pay that much for them and I don't have any more. That's up to you, though.

I'd make damn sure that the cigars were stored properly for their entire life. Was he the original purchaser? What is the provenance of the humidor? That's a whole boatload of money. I would tread carefully.

I smoked a Millennium with Christmas, I was disappointed by it!
The Tat T110 I smoked after the Padron I liked a lot better!

btw it was a natural!

Rene

I smoked one last 4th of July. While it was good, I wouldn't pay that much again for it. Now, I'd much rather smoke and 80th. But I know many ppl that would love to pick them up at that price. Alan mentioned a few questions that you should definitely have answered before you proceed.

Personally, if I didn't have the money to buy it outright, I wouldn't put myself in the position of running a buy.

Also, these are great cigars, but I wouldn't pay that much for them and I don't have any more. That's up to you, though.

I'd make damn sure that the cigars were stored properly for their entire life. Was he the original purchaser? What is the provenance of the humidor? That's a whole boatload of money. I would tread carefully.

You smoked the ones you had? You mean you did not covet them like a newborn baby :laugh:.

Jim

Well, I do have the money, it's just I don't think it should completely go to cigars which would be why I would want to start a BS.

From the attached, I might suggest you do a little homework.

This Padron 1964 Series Millennium humidor number 226 of a 1000 which
contains five solid cedar trays that hold 20 Maduro cigars each (100 cigars
total). Each humidor also features a Padron humidification device, two solid
brass plaques on the exterior lid. The first, appearing on the center of the
lid, contains the 1964 Anniversary Series logo. The second, located on the
bottom right corner of the lid, contains the following:

Millennium
1964 Series
Limited Edition
Box No. 226 / 1,000
Cigars No. 22501-22600

This is an extremely rare and difficult humidor to acquire and a magnificent
piece of craftsmanship. These humidors are no longer produced and
unavailable anywhere.

PRICE $5500.00

Mastercard & VISA accepted

Found this using Google.

If I may throw my two cents in -- this is a damn good cigar, but not worth 65 bucks each.

It seems to me that the question of the cigars being past their prime has come up several times.
While I can't say I would never buy one $65.00 cigar, I certainly wouldn't buy 100 of them.

The milleniums when they came out were fairly abundant. I remember being back in Chitown and the humidor was sitting on the counter. When Tony over at Iwan Ries told me the price, hesitantly, I bought 2, one to smoke and one to hold. They were about $25-30 I think and that was basically 2.5x an Opus #2 at the time and expensive even back then. When they finished the box, they raffled off the humi. I thought it was ok but any Padron Anny IMO needs to be smoked on a clear palate or you miss a lot of the nuances.

Flash back to 2010, I smoked a 45 last night and again, it was good but at $25 definately a special event smoke. I was finishing off a box of exclusivos from back in the day, probably about 10 years + (on these obviously no serial number and it said anniversario as opposed to anniversary), and they start to flatten out. Again totally my palate so if you like the smoooooth search for flavor nuance cigars, these would be up your alley. I haven't tried the 80 yet but so far for the price point for Padron, my #1 has to be the 1926 #9.

But getting back to your inquiry, you say it all when you say you dont' really have the money. Hmm lets think about that. In a day and age when things are tight and you know yourself that you'd be putting yourself out on a limb and hoping that you'd sell the humi to offset cost?? I"ve seen the humis go for $300 so lets say you can sell it for even $500, you're still paying $60 a stick. BTW, I remember the guys at Ries having to put additional humidification into the humi and they put the thing into their walk in every night because it wasn't the best in regulating humidity probably like the CAO boxes that they put out for their special cigar ie Sopranos. I'd say steer clear away. If you've never tried one, smoke a 45 which IMO is a better cigar than the Milly was at the time, If you really like it, buy a box even two which will save you 6K and send a nice donation to the relief funds for Haiti. G1

Usually when asking for advice on cigars on CigarPass, it usually ends with me buying too many cigars to handle. This time I am surprised at the outcome this topic has affected my mindset. :rolleyes: At this time I will not be making that purchase. Thanks for the advice guys. If anyone wants to get in touch with my friend to get these, PM me and I will see if he wants to sell these.