• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Serie 1926 80th Anniversary

Swissy

Livin' the retired life!
Yup! You read it right... a Padron 80th. Not telling how I got it, but I'll leave some hints- Outlaw Padron event last May, meeting Jorge Padron, impressing him with the fact I flew all the way from Alaska just for the event, impressing him more with some smoked salmon, exchanging emails, discussing FedEx shipping of salmon... :whistling:

ANYhoo... I ended up with a 80th Anni. And, since they are arriving soon, I thought I'd fire this sucker up. Brett (Peterscreek) and I arranged to meet for a smoke at the only indoor lounge in town (Thank you very much weenie assembly boobs)

So I'll get this out of the way first off... I'm a dumbass. I clipped this thing, and took a test draw and immediatly thought 'Oh crap... it's really tight'. I clipped just a touch of the cap off, so I clipped a little more. Next draw gave me the same impression. So I clipped a little more to find a tight draw still was an issue. So I massaged the cap area, and tried again. Same deal. So a little more clipped off... same thing. I was getting worried as I already clipped off more than I wanted to or like. So I thought screw it, maybe it'll ease up on lighting. So, I turned it over to put flame to the foot and immediatly felt like a huge, n00b ass. The foot needed clipping too!! The foot was capped over just like, well... the cap! What a dumbass!! Geez... so I clipped the foot and took a draw. Gee... kinda loose now, ya moron! :blush:

After the embarrassing start, it sure lit up nice! And that familiar, loving flavor of a Serie 1926 was there from the start. And, as usual in my lackluster reviews, I cannot taste this and that. I can comment on how smooth it was, it had lots of flavor, tons of smoke, great (slightly loose) draw, and finished fantastic, right down to the finger burning, moustace melting nub.

Yum!

no flash shot (kinda off colors)

one ugly mug.... (Thanks for the t-shirt Mark!!)

first ashing (fuzzy Brett in the background)

Still really good

Getting down there!

Oh yeah... good to the last puff!

Fun part was sitting in the lounge ooh'ing and ah'ing over it. And while taking the pictures, a couple of other cigar smokers there started asking questions. One used to live right down from the Outlaw store! We had a good time talking about how much we enjoyed the store, and how nice it was. Compared to our little slice of heaven, Outlaw rocks!

Anyways... my impression? I may just have to jump on the bandwagon and get a box of these, just to have them. it was a damn fine smoke - nothing short of what I hoped for or expected.

:thumbs:

Great review Jim, it sounds like an amazing smoke

Gawwwdamn Swissy, you made us all jealous! Anyway, fantastic review, glad you enjoyed it and it lived up to the hype! Now what say you on the flavor profile, comparable to any other Padron you have had?

Excellent review and pics, thanks for sharing. They look tasty, I hope to confer soon ;)

Brian

Great review! Really will have to find some of these when they come out.

Ever been to the Mooses Tooth? Love that place.

Wow. This is on my shortlist when they finally come out. I only hope I can find them when the time comes and they're not as elusive as the Milleniums have been for me.

Great review. I'm about as jealous as I can be right now. :D

Yup! You read it right... a Padron 80th. Not telling how I got it, but I'll leave some hints- Outlaw Padron event last May, meeting Jorge Padron, impressing him with the fact I flew all the way from Alaska just for the event, impressing him more with some smoked salmon, exchanging emails, discussing FedEx shipping of salmon... :whistling:

You sure sex wasn't involved?

Wonderful review. I cannot wait to try one

Ahh Jimmy bout time you finally smoked that thing... nice review bro

Jim awesome review, I can't wait to get my hands on some of these!! Sorry to hear that you had such a hard time with cutting, but at least you figurd it out!! Thanks! :thumbs:

Jim thanks for sharring, pictures and review are great.

Amazing the things you can do with fish!

Nice review, now I'll have to get a pair to try.

Wow! Very nice brother Jim. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. I love the shirt by the way, looks like the one I have, but it says Tatuaje East. :D

So I'll get this out of the way first off... I'm a dumbass. I clipped this thing, and took a test draw and immediatly thought 'Oh crap... it's really tight'. I clipped just a touch of the cap off, so I clipped a little more. Next draw gave me the same impression. So I clipped a little more to find a tight draw still was an issue. So I massaged the cap area, and tried again. Same deal. So a little more clipped off... same thing. I was getting worried as I already clipped off more than I wanted to or like. So I thought screw it, maybe it'll ease up on lighting. So, I turned it over to put flame to the foot and immediatly felt like a huge, n00b ass. The foot needed clipping too!! The foot was capped over just like, well... the cap! What a dumbass!! Geez... so I clipped the foot and took a draw. Gee... kinda loose now, ya moron! :blush:

Just FYI, you actually don't need to clip the foot -- just torch it. It'll open up quickly.

Nice review... looking forward to the official release of these babies.

Great review, Jimmy......man, those 80ths look tasty.... :love:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Just FYI, you actually don't need to clip the foot -- just torch it. It'll open up quickly.

Nice review... looking forward to the official release of these babies.

Probably... but I was so flustered at the lack of draw that I clipped 'er anyways!
:laugh:

Thanks for the review, Swissy.

Man oh man, that looks like a great cigar.