• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Serie 1926, No 9

SteveA

Padron Serie 1926, No 9
Wrapper: Maduro
Size: 5.25x56
Body: Medium - Full
Origin: Nicaragua
Drink: Honey Moon Summer Ale

Summary:
Happened to be down at Rain City getting a replacement lighter for my Xikar that died. As I browsed the high end cigars the owner pointed out that he had the Padron '26 No. 9's in stock with about 10 left. This was CA's #1 cigar of 2007. Having only had a single '26 ever, which didn't impress me all that much, I decided to go for it despite the $20 price tag.

Wow! I'm not a huge maduro fan but this cigar was awesome. First third, black cherry. Second third, milk chocolate. Last third, I don' know, a bunch of stuff. This smoke was flavorful, balanced, complex and not a hint of harshness. Wasn't an ass-kicker either so I could actually enjoy the experience. This was the first $20 cigar I've had that I'd say was worth the money. If you get a chance pick up a couple. If you've got the bucks, pick up a box.

On the completely subjective and irrational scale of 1-100 I give this a 95.

Smoke on...

yeah I love the '26 maduros, I think they are my all time favorite maduro cigars .

Cool profile you got off em'. I have enjoyed the XXXX series so much that I slowly giving the annie series another chance.

I love any of the Serie 1926. Sometimes I wish you could eat them! They're actually my #1 smoke right now.

It's the best cigar I've ever smoked... hands down. But I don't know how you smoked this one yet according to your review you haven't bought it yet! :whistling: :laugh: :whistling:

Thanks for the review.

I'm a big Padron fan and enjoy a 1926 occasionally when I'm feeling in the mood for something special. Otherwise, the 64 series provide a good portion of the pleasure at a more reasonable price.

Keep 'em coming. :thumbs:

Wilkey

It's the best cigar I've ever smoked... hands down. But I don't know how you smoked this one yet according to your review you haven't bought it yet! :whistling: :laugh: :whistling:

Oops. Getting ahead of myself there. The purchase date has been corrected.

Oops. Getting ahead of myself there. The purchase date has been corrected.

lol, just messin with ya. But Ginseng is right... up until I had a 26, I said the 64 was the best smoke I ever had. At a few bucks cheaper, definitely worth having some in the humi.

Just had a 1926 No.9 Natural tonight....haven't had one in a few months and honestly, it didn't do it for me. I was very, very dissapointed actually. For 18 bucks....hmmmmm. I think I'll stay with the 64's...like Wilkey said, much more reasonable price (and honestly I like the blend slightly better...especially on the smaller ring guages...56 is tooooo big for me)

Glad you like the maduro though... :thumbs:

I love ALL 1926 maduros, much more so than the 1964s. When I have my $hit together, I like to keep a box of all vitolas on hand (1, 2, 6, 9 & 35) and depending on my mood or how much time I have to smoke, I grab the appropriate one. Unfortunately now though, I only have a few 35s left. :(

Time to buy more! :D

The #2 ranks right up there in my top three cigars. I've always loved the 1926 Serie. I've got a #9 in the humidor right now that might need to see some fire in the not-too-distant future. :cool:

When I have my $hit together, I like to keep a box of all vitolas on hand (1, 2, 6, 9 & 35) and depending on my mood or how much time I have to smoke, I grab the appropriate one.

CoventryCat, you're my hero... someday I'll be able to keep a stash like that on hand too... someday... :love:

Barry

The #35 is a staple in my humidor and I have a box of #6 as well. Excellent cigars.

I agree with Alejandro Robaina.... its a bit "flojo". :laugh:

No really, my expectations were so high before smoking this thing that by the end I was asking myself, "Is this it?"

Might have better luck with the 80th though. Anyone got one they want to send my way? :laugh: :laugh:

mac

Love these cigars. Among my all time favorites. I had a friend get me one from the show in Vegas. What a smoke!