• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Series, Don't Know What To Try

DKAudio

I am thinking about trying some padron cigars. I have never had one before and have no idea what series to try. The cheaper the better. First at CI, is there a difference in the padron and padron (new packaging), it is just cosmotics and not the actual sticks? Here are the series that CI sells

#2000 Maduro
#2000 Maduro
#3000 Maduro
#3000 Maduro
#4000 Maduro
#4000 Maduro
#5000 Maduro
#5000 Maduro
#6000 (torpedo)
#6000 Maduro (torpedo)
Churchill
Churchill
Churchill Maduro
Churchill Maduro
Delicias
Delicias Maduro
Fumas
Londres
Londres Maduro
Palmas
Palmas Maduro

Any recommendations, what is the difference. Is the 6000 just aged longer and have higher quality tabacco then the 5000, the 5000 the same to the 4000 and so on? What about the Churchill, Delicias, Fumas, Londres and Palmas? Do you prefer their Natural or Maduro wrapper?

Thanks

IMO,
The #2000, in either wrapper can't be beat for the price!!!
One of my "go to" smokes!!! :thumbs:

The "thousand" series differ in length and ring gauge. They are of the same general blend type. I prefer the 2000 and the 6000. In the original series, I like the churchill.

You can't go wrong with the 2000. Smoke's well when fresh and smokes great with a few months. I've got a box of 2000 maddies bought in October of last year and I just cracked the box for the first time a few weeks ago. Those babies are ready to rock! :thumbs:

Wilkey

Don't smoke any of them....leave them for me!!!

Any one of the '000 series are good in Maduro. For a real smoke try the 1926, or 1964 maduro lines....

-D

TRY THEM ALL!!!

*edit* and the only difference between the old packaging and new... new box style and 5 more sticks.

Old boxes came with 25, the new boxes 30

I think the 6000 most closely smokes like the Anniversary series. It's my favorite of the "thousand" series.

...has anyone mentioned the 2000's yet..??.. :p

As has been mentioned, the 2000 and the 6000's in either wrapper are fantastic smokes for the price. Many guys prefer the maduro wrapper, but they are both good on their own merits.

Cheers - B.B.S.

DKAudio, 5iver of Padron 2000 Naturals for $12 is a really easy way to actually try the 2000s. Sites like CI will have 5ivers of other sizes as well. Or try the Newbie Trade Thread and see if you can get someone to put together a multi-x000 sampler. (I've tried the 2000 natural and maduro, 3000 natural and 5000 naturals and not been dissapointed with any of them.)

Are the Londres any good? What makes them cheaper than the thousand series? These are more in my price range right now (I am thinking about splitting a box with a friend). Thanks

that's easy...try them all...i never met a padron i didn't like.

I too say...TRY THEM ALL!! Padron's are some of my favorites!

depends what sizes you like to smoke... I think they are all a great value.

I like them all but smoke and buy more Delicias than anything else because of the size and value. Like others have already stated - you really can't go wrong with any of them!