• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padrone anversery Knocked my S**t loose

americanfighter

hey guys I had a padrone 1964 anniversary and it was one of my favorite cigars yet. I loved it when I was smoking it however when I got done I walked into the house then almost immediately had to sit down because i was dizzy and felt a little sick and I was down for a while. I haven't had this happen to me for a long time since I was a beginner. Has anyone else really experienced this with this cigar? And why did you think this happen to me. My best guess is I may have lit it a little too hot.

I lit it like i normally do by slowly cooking the rim of the cigar without dipping the cigar into the flame much at all. may be after lighting it I should have let it cool off a little before starting smoke

What do you think

Thanks

AF

Nicotine sickness.

Possibly an empty stomach like mentioned above, or just hit you for no rhyme or reason like it does me sometimes. Something sweet will help, like Coke, or NERDS.

By the title of the thread I really thought you were going to say the 1964 was a cure for constipation... :laugh:

Sound like and empty stomach to me too! Just like drinking on an empty stomach.

Paul

It's all about blood sugar levels. I keep coke handy when I think a cigar might punch me in the face...it's good for the black eye.

I'm with Paul. I was expecting to hear about explosive diarrhea. I'm disappointed now.

I have to drink all night to feel like that. All you had to do was smoke a badass cigar...lucky

It's not because of the way you lit your cigar versus other times, that would only leave a bitter taste when smoking. A quick purge would remedy that.

Even a full steak dinner and juice will still have a cigar like a tat Fausto kick my a**, but other times I can handle it better.

Thanks for the comments guys you may be right. I will get another and be sure i have something on my stomach next time and see if it happens.

Thanks

AF

Until you get used to "stronger cigars", don't smoke them as if you are in a hurry. Slow down, savor the flavors, enjoy the burn, add another dram or two of great scotch to the evening. It will go a lot smoother for you.

Until you get used to "stronger cigars", don't smoke them as if you are in a hurry. Slow down, savor the flavors, enjoy the burn, add another dram or two of great scotch to the evening. It will go a lot smoother for you.

Yeah I am use to the strong cigars. Like I said this hadn't happened to me since way back when I was just starting out and most of the cigars I smoke are pretty strong. I just think i probably had an empty stomach like the others said.

Thanks

Yeah I am use to the strong cigars. Like I said this hadn't happened to me since way back when I was just starting out and most of the cigars I smoke are pretty strong. I just think i probably had an empty stomach like the others said.

Thanks

Actually, nicotine is a smooth muscle relaxant. It's much better than prunes. Better delivery system and much more enjoyable.

Doc

hey guys I had a padrone 1964 anniversary ...
I had one of the little #35s do this to me once. I think I was a little dehydrated at the time, so that didn't help, but sometimes they just hit ya hard.

By the title of the thread I really thought you were going to say the 1964 was a cure for constipation... :laugh:
Actually, nicotine is a smooth muscle relaxant. It's much better than prunes. Better delivery system and much more enjoyable.
AVO 80th always reminds me of this. Smoked one with a buddy in Iraq and we both thought it was an expensive dud. After suffering through about half of it, we both had the same thought. "I have to go shit..." :D

"Nicotine exerts paradoxical effects, acting as both a stimulant and a relaxant. It causes increased heart rate and blood pressure while also acting as a muscle relaxant and reducing anxiety. It suppresses appetite and causes increased bowel activity. Initial exposure may result in nausea, dizziness, or light-headedness.

The experiential effects of nicotine change with habituation. Those new to the drug often experience light-headedness and strong mental effects where those who use nicotine regularly do not generally experience those effects. Over time, the effects of nicotine are not only calming but are said to enhance attentional focus and increase the pleasure of other activities. Research suggested that nicotine "resets the sensitivity of reward systems to a new increased level, thereby impriting an indelible 'memory' of its effects". In other words, smoke a cigarette and eat an apple, the apple seems to be just a little more satisfying than the apple without the cigarette.

Nicotine may provide some beneficial effects on certain psychiatric conditions and has been preliminarily shown to slow onset of Parkinson's Disease symptoms. It's stimulating effects may be used by ADHD sufferers as a self-treatment, although its beneficial effects on attention disorders has not been established in the scientific literature. Nicotine tends to reduce appetite, even in regular users."

credit - http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nicotine/nicotine_basics.shtml

One sugar packet disolve under tounge. Trick an older smoker taught me. Yes, there ARE older smokers...lol

I have to drink all night to feel like that. All you had to do was smoke a badass cigar...lucky

And DON'T any of you forget this! Too awesome to wilt like all of you pansies! :laugh: