• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pairing question

Martin2D

Clueless About Life
I'm sharing my first cigar with my brother this Tuesday and was wondering about this pairing.

He's providing this ale - Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA

I'm providing - Padron Serie 1926 - No. 6 Maduro

Is this a good smoking pairing or should these two be enjoyed seperately?

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Everybody's tastes are different, but since the Dogfish Head 120 is such a hoppy beer, I would pair it with something a little milder, probably a Cameroon wrapped cigar such as the Stansford 90th or something from the Hemingway line.

Having had both of those I would definitely try them separately as they both deserve your attention. The 120 is a huge hoppy brew and at 20% it might taint the taste buds even against the full flavor of the 26. Besides I am a beer snob and prefer to enjoy special beers like that alone.

That's what I figured...it's alright...just have to drink before we smoke.

Having had both of those I would definitely try them separately as they both deserve your attention. The 120 is a huge hoppy brew and at 20% it might taint the taste buds even against the full flavor of the 26. Besides I am a beer snob and prefer to enjoy special beers like that alone.

Alright, definately seperate nights then.

Go with a nice port with the 26. That pairing wont let you down.

How about a nice cranberry? I'm not too big into alchohol.

Really hops-influenced beers generally clash with cigars, in my experience. I'd go for a stout or porter, myself.

Really hops-influenced beers generally clash with cigars, in my experience. I'd go for a stout or porter, myself.
I'm not much of a fan of pairing beer with cigars. If you aren't into alcohol, coffee seems to go really well with most cigars. But if you want to savor the cigar, ice water is best.

My $.02.
- C

How about a nice cranberry? I'm not too big into alchohol.

Try the Port then. A good one..... Not too much of an alcohol taste due to the sweetness that pairs well with most cigars.

I am actually becoming a bigger and bigger fan of coffee with my cigars. I enjoy alcohol (beer, scotch, wine), but I found that I enjoy a nice cup of fresh bean coffee much more.

Good call Blue Dragon.

That's funny--I recently agreed to swap a friend an AF Churchill for a Dogfish Head 120. I hear it's powerful stuff...

I've never had the Dogfish, but I'm a huge fan of really hoppy beers, but I'd never have one with any cigar, it would be way too overpowering, as others have said.