• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pairings. What takes precedent in your decision.

What comes first? Drink or Cigar?

• I pick a cigar then pair a drink.

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • I pour a drink then pair a cigar.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Honey Badger don't give a shit.

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scap

Lately, I've been smoking NC because I've been revisiting my whiskey collection.

However, if I grab a CC I would rather have rum.

What say you? Poll attached....

I'm usually just smoking and drinking whatever. I avoid wine with cigars, that leaves a strange aftertaste. I know someone on this forum that digs wine and stogies @Succubus :oops:

I don't usually pair. I don't have a huge stock of cigars to choose from, either. So I just drink and smoke whatever sounds good.

I typically drink water or coffee. If I decide to sip a spirit, I pick the cigar first. Just like I pick what to drink with a meal. I guess if I only had one bottle of something, or was really in the mood for a particular spirit, say a Irish Whiskey, then by default I'd have to base the cigar on the drink.

If I have a drink or cigar that I want in particular, I will choose the other to pair but most times I usually don't give a rip.

I like a stiff gin martini after work so I grab something that I know can hold its own.

I rarely have time for a cigar but drinks in abundance so I tend to pick a cigar and then choose the drink.

I love root beer, but don't get the whole artificial sweetener thing. Talk about screwing up a palate. Yuck.
Having diabetes and growing up in a household with sweet n low, I have become accustomed to the taste. Plus I am not much of a beer and booze drinker anymore :D

I love root beer, but don't get the whole artificial sweetener thing. Talk about screwing up a palate. Yuck.

If you can find Sprechers root beer, it's the best that I've come across.

I always choose my cigar first, then decide what I want to drink. But I don't choose my drink based on NC/CC. It's usually just bourbon either way.

Having diabetes and growing up in a household with sweet n low, I have become accustomed to the taste. Plus I am not much of a beer and booze drinker anymore :D

Totally understand and didn't mean to single you out on the sweetener.

My sis and her husband drink diet drinks for some unknown reason. I just can't get past the aftertaste.