• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Palio cutter acting up!

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I have the black Palio cutter and although I've had it for a while, it hasn't seen a ton of use. It is sticking closed and when I pull hard enough to open it, it comes apart.

I see Palio no longer honors their lifetime warranty.

Any thoughts on a fix?

I did, I cleaned it good in hot water, then cleaned it with alcohol. I even looked at it under magnification to see if there was anything stuck in it making it close too tight. I have eventually oiled it a bit but it is still tough to close and then doesn't want to open.

....sigh. They don't make 'em like they used to, that's for sure. I keep Isopropyl alcohol wipes around for cleaning stuff, they usually work great on cutters.

I have the Palio and a very nice Xikar....and really like them both. If you're PO'd enough to look for something else, I have one of these and they're pretty solid. You'll be surprised how often you use the other tools on the knife. For example, the little scissors slip under and cut a cigar band very nicely. So nice to have for the times the band person used a bit too much glue.....

....sigh. They don't make 'em like they used to, that's for sure. I keep Isopropyl alcohol wipes around for cleaning stuff, they usually work great on cutters.

I have the Palio and a very nice Xikar....and really like them both. If you're PO'd enough to look for something else, I have one of these and they're pretty solid. You'll be surprised how often you use the other tools on the knife. For example, the little scissors slip under and cut a cigar band very nicely. So nice to have for the times the band person used a bit too much glue.....

Thanks Tom, that's a great idea! I have this Xikar but the idea of the small scissors on a multitool will be in the man-cave in a few minutes. I have a few of the small leathermans laying around.

1614621636894.png

Attachments

• 1614621572249.png
    1614621572249.png
    287.7 KB · Views: 2
Quality Importers bought Palio several years. Even though they don't warranty new purchases, they should be willing to stand behind the warranty when you purchased the product from Palio. I'd give it a shot at least...

Quality Importers bought Palio several years. Even though they don't warranty new purchases, they should be willing to stand behind the warranty when you purchased the product from Palio. I'd give it a shot at least...
Thanks Rod, I emailed them twice, once Sunday and again today. Let's see if they respond.

Well.....I emailed Quality Importers Sunday and again this morning and got no answer. So I called them today and customer service "is not available".

I guess Palio screwed everyone by selling their inventory and customer base but allowing their lifetime warranty to go down the drain. And Quality Importers is not worth dealing with.

Welcome to the 21st century:confused:

Well.....I emailed Quality Importers Sunday and again this morning and got no answer. So I called them today and customer service "is not available".

I guess Palio screwed everyone by selling their inventory and customer base but allowing their lifetime warranty to go down the drain. And Quality Importers is not worth dealing with.

Welcome to the 21st century:confused:
Not quality importers