• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Palm Pre

Shooter

Living life on the heavies.
Just wondering. I am on the road and the wife waited in line for me and snagged one. I can't wait to get home and check it out.

If you bought one yesterday lemme know what ya think.

It looks nice from everything I have seen so far. Unfortunately I just recently purchased the HTC Touch pro so I can't see myself upgrading again so soon. I am anxious to know how you like it once you get home and start using it.

I'd love to hear what you think of it (with pictures, please!).

After a lifetime with Motorolla, I'm thinking of moving away from the Razr2. The WWDC keynote disappointed me so the iPhone drops off my list. I'm eagerly awaiting a hands on with the G2 and I've been seriously thinking about the Palm Pre but I have a neurosis about size and I have concerns about the heft of a slider. Having years ago abandoned the "bat belt" (as my friends so kindly put it) the last thing I need is another lump, which is why the Razr2 was so great for me.

I'm going to head over this evening and look at it. I've been waiting for Sprint to come out with a cool phone for a while so I'm anxiously waiting your review. I have had several Treo models and get tired of my friends with Iphone's bragging about how much better their phone is :)

Only checked it out on the Sprint website which has a pretty cool interactive review of it. I am supposed to be getting one for my birthday in two weeks.

Held one yesterday. I found the keys to be a bit tiny on the keyboard and the plastic to be a bit too...um...plastic? Overall felt like holding a piece of soap. The quality of the camera seems to be vastly greater than the iPhone and it is able to youtube in high quality over 3G. I personally haven't used one, but my friend that has it cannot stop praising it. He says its much much much better than his HTC.

Just my 2 cents. Sorry its not too detailed but I only had a quick look.

This thing is nutz... The keyboard is slighty smaller than a treo, but I have had no problems. It is a sponge, in essence it is the center of everything you do. It communicates with everything. Facebook, keeps ya updated, it also will soak up your whole Facebook account and load everyones profile in your phone. When they call the pic they have on FB shows up. Also it networks with either Microsoft exchange and google. Cool thing is, I can share a google calendar with my wife. She can add events to my calendar on her laptop and they will show up on my phone. IE dinner plans, trips to the park, all that shit. When I update my phone it will update my calendar and she can see that. It ties everything together. AKA Synergy is what they call it. I am blown away by this device. The learning curve is moderate the battery life sucks. Other than that i say get one and spend the time to get to know it. It will be a little slow at first but after 2-3 days you will get the hang of it. I have yet to tap all it does. Trust me it is amazing.

When you say the battery life sucks, can you give me an idea of how you've been using it and how long you got on a full charge?

I use it for email,txt, and phone calls. and it will be dead by the end of the day. I use it an average amount, but I am always turning it on to check emails, and replying to txts. It will last a good full day. My old Treo 750 would go about two days. I also listen to some music hear and there too. It just seems to me a power user would drain it. I also haven't used the wifi, which will drain it also and it will automatically turn it off at a certain point.

It is not a big thing to me as I am always around a charger it seems. It will also charge off of your computer. I just installed an update tonight, I dunno if has anything to do with the power comsumption features. It was 67mb so it was a big one.

All in all I would still recommend it.

hmmm, now that is concerning. I don't make many calls but due to the nature of my job...at bare minimum, I'd keep a messenger and push email running. I currently average to about 2 to 3 emails an hour, several hundred text messages and IM's a day, and I'd hope to add roughly a half to one hour a day of web usage (google maps, cigar related forums, gizmodo.com) and ideally a half hour or so of bluetooth tethering to a laptop.

15 hours would probably do it for me but it sounds like, if I understand your estimation, I may be pushing it.

I have one on back order, my sales rep said it should be here in a couple of weeks. I will post up my thoughts on it after using it a few weeks.