• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pappy Van Winkle help

Pipe Smoker

I'd really like to get a bottle of this as a gift for a freind, but my research has left me a little disheartened. Is it possible to buy this stuff? It has to be, right? People are drinking it so they had to get it somewhere, no?

I am starting to realize that this isn't likely to happen, so if you guys can't help me find the stuff, can you suggest something else that a guy who is really into bourbon would equally appreciate? I did see an old thread suggesting Jefferson's Presidential Reserve 18 but the link is dead now. Is there anything else worth looking for?

Pappy is very hard to get! It's not likely you'll find one this late. Around here in Kentucky you literally have to get up on the day it suppose to arrive in and sit in line for 6 hours or more for it lol. I've yet to have the twenty year old but I have an opened bottle of Jefferson presidential 18. I don't know how close they are but although I expected a lot more flavor from the 18 I thought it was quality bourbon and well worth the 100$ price tag.

I'd heard the allotment was bigger this year, but it sure didn't seem like it. I didn't have time to really look for it.

Finding any for sale at this point is going to be tricky, and its likely they'll be very overpriced. I've heard the Jefferson Reserve is a pretty good substitute and there was still some around the last time I looked for it.

Start calling around (if you haven't already):

http://oldripvanwinkle.com/vendors/

There were a couple places in DC that had it but they told me they would not mail it.- Don't know the names of the stores :(

You won't find it.....there is a rumor of a December release but I think that is just a rumor. Talking to Julian the other day most of the only places to find it is in restaurants as the initial distributions have long been snapped up.

Edit to add, it depends on his tastes, Noah's Mill or Rowan's Creek are fun Bourbons....Johnny Drum is one of my favorites and is reasonable.

It was a lot harder to come by for me than in years past and it sold out the day it arrived.

I have both. The jefferson 18 is excellent as well. I did a video review if them side by side.

It's going to be tough getting your hands on Pappy Family Reserve at this point. But...you might get luck in scoring some Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year -107 proof. Like it's been said above, I'd start calling around and then drive to the shops and begin hunting. Heck...you might even find Pappy 12 year Lot B. In the mean time if you can I'd grab the Jefferson Presidential Select 18 year - it's still Stitzel Weller juice! I bought a few, good stuff.
Good luck in the hunt, I find that part sorta fun.
Tony

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I saw it and thought of this thread!

http://www.onlinehumidor.com/forum/index.php?topic=16697.0

I have a bottle of pappy van winkle 15 year for sale. It just so happens im right over the bridge in south jersey. email me at kevinrambrose at gmail and we can work out a deal.