• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Parrot Pass 2010 AKA One Particular Beedog Pass

Just for some insight into this...am I missing on price, rarity or both....

For example, cigars like the Love Affair and Power Ranger are available from the same retailer (Emerson's), and the Love Affair is slightly more expensive. Is there a reason why that trade does not work, as both cigars appear to be in stock?

Others like ORs I can understand in the sense that I am not assigning a proper dollar value for rarity. Such as the Padron 1964 Anniversary A @ $32.00 does not cover the OR price of the Tatuaje Black plus it's rarity premium. Is there a standard multiple applied to assign a value for rarity? Normally I would just Google for a price, but have not found any listed for sale.

I apologize, but I am not trying to be picky/argumentative, just trying to understand the process and where I went wrong. Thanks.

Comments in bold below, some are all good and some require reworking imo.

Again everyone...thanks for your patience. As this is my first Pass, and first time attempting this...please pardon me if I am royally f-en this up. Feedback is warranted and welcomed. Here are my proposed Puts and Takes...

P: Montecristo Sublime LE 2008 T: Illusione 23 Culebra

Ok

P: Arturo Fuente Anejo 50 T: Tatuaje Boris
Off in rarity
P: Punch Super Robusto RE Asia Pacific 2006 T: Tatuaje Black (OR)
Ok
P: Padron 1964 Anniversary A T: Montecrsisto No. 4 Reserva
Off in price/rarity
P: Por Larranaga Belicoso RE Asia Pacific 2008 T: Arturo Fuente Anejo 77
ok
P: Padron 80th Anniversary T: H. Upmann Magnum 50 LE 2005 (OR)
Off in rarity
P: Padron Serie 1926 No. 9 T: Opus X Robusto
OK
P: Opus X Love Affair T: Opus X XxX
OK
P: Ramon Allones Estupendo RE Asia Pacific 2007 T: Romeo Y Julieta Petite Piramide LE 2005
Seems close to me, not sure what the market on the RyJ is but it must be close.

As you can see I've put in quite a list assuming that a few of these may get rejected outright. Thanks everyone...looking forward to the feedback.

Thanks insight. Very much appreciate the commentary. Helps me understand where I took a wrong turn in each instance.

For example, cigars like the Love Affair and Power Ranger are available from the same retailer (Emerson's), and the Love Affair is slightly more expensive. Is there a reason why that trade does not work, as both cigars appear to be in stock?

Others like ORs I can understand in the sense that I am not assigning a proper dollar value for rarity. Such as the Padron 1964 Anniversary A @ $32.00 does not cover the OR price of the Tatuaje Black plus it's rarity premium. Is there a standard multiple applied to assign a value for rarity? Normally I would just Google for a price, but have not found any listed for sale.

I apologize, but I am not trying to be picky/argumentative, just trying to understand the process and where I went wrong. Thanks.

<snip>

FWiW I think the ones I approved are all more than fair on your part (i.e., nice puts). I don't think you proposed a padron A for the Tat black, looks the "A" was for a monte reserva which is simply a much rarer smoke. The Boris cost more and is much more limited prod than the anejo 50. The 80th for the mag 50 is off in rarity but close in price. Basically a good starting point for comparing rarity is "Can I buy both of them right now at a vendor?"

<snip>

FWiW I think the ones I approved are all more than fair on your part (i.e., nice puts). I don't think you proposed a padron A for the Tat black, looks the "A" was for a monte reserva which is simply a much rarer smoke. The Boris cost more and is much more limited prod than the anejo 50. The 80th for the mag 50 is off in rarity but close in price. Basically a good starting point for comparing rarity is "Can I buy both of them right now at a vendor?"

Thanks again insight. I apologize for my newbness, and you are correct about my mis-matched pairing - It was an A for the Reserva. This being my first Pass, I would have to say it has been a great learning experience. Thanks for letting me play.

If there are no further objections, here is my final list of Puts and Takes...

Put: Montecristo Sublime Edicion Limitada 2008
Take: Illusione ~23~ "Tre en Uno"

Put: Punch Super Robusto Edicion Regional Exclusivo Asia Pacifico 2007 (EMA DIC 07)
Take: Tatuaje Black (OR)

Put: Por Larranaga Belicoso Edicion Regional Exclusivo Asia Pacifico 2008 (EMA JUL 08)
Take: Arturo Fuente Anejo No. 77 (The Shark)

Put: Padron Serie 1926 No. 9 (Maduro)
Take: Fuente Fuente Opus X Robusto

Put: Fuente Fuente Opus X Love Affair
Take: Fuente Fuente Opus X XxX (Power Ranger)

Put: Ramon Allones Estupendo Edicion Regional Exclusivo Asia Pacifico 2007 (TEB OCT 07)
Take: Romeo y Julieta Petit Piramide Edicion Limitada 2005

I will PM br174 to make sure he is ready to recieve the Pass. If so, it will ship tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

br174 has gotten back to me and is ready to recieve the Pass. Will go out tomorrow. I'll post the DC# when sent.

Ready and waiting....hope it arrives Saturday if not Tuesday with Monday being a holiday. I will get in touch with Jay (starrdog) for the hand off.

Brian

ok I used google and my question is: is this a New England only holiday? I mean is the po not delivering that day?

Seeing that the pass is on the way I will start with a couple P/Ts off the top of my head.

T. Padilla Miami Torp/ P. Liga Privada #9 Parejo
T. Monte #2/ P. VR Unicos

When I get some time I will dig around in the boxes and see whatelse I can come up with.

Brian

Okay...dropped the bird off at the PO just a few minutes ago...darn bird wouldn't stop sqwaking...it's all I could do to get it into the box. It's now off to br174.

DC# is 0309 2880 0000 8287 5947.

Reminded myself to read the policy on Pass insurance, but forgot, so i got insurance on the package anyway...just to be safe. I apologize in advance if this creates an problems, but better safe than sorry.

Again...thanks for letting me play and for helping me get Pass #1 under my belt.

TBH I usually don't bother with insurance because it would be very difficult to legitimize the claim if it disappeared (and I have had a couple passes disappear for a long time). I have CPI which helps offset things a bit but honestly we just hope for the best.

I'm bored.

Bored, I say. Bored bored bored. B.o.r.e.d bored.

Tell ya what. First pass participant to guess my favorite Jimmy Buffett song AND my favorite Texas music artist gets a fiver.

Oh, now I feel all tingly. That's MUCH better! :laugh:

~Boar

Boat Drinks and Dixie Chicks

Hope this gives you something to do so you are not so boared.