• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas 160

lordlister

You can observe a lot by just watching
I've read all the fuss over the 150's, but never tried one. Now that the 160's are out, are they worth the effort to procure? I've seen some advertised online (such as at seriouscigar), but in general how difficult will they be to find?

Did not know their would be such a thing, hope this time they will not be as mild as the 150's, or as expensive.

I've read all the fuss over the 150's, but never tried one. Now that the 160's are out, are they worth the effort to procure? I've seen some advertised online (such as at seriouscigar), but in general how difficult will they be to find?

I just aquired a fill box of them. Are they worth it? Only way to know that is to smoke it yourself. I found it to be a pleasant cigar. :thumbs:

A buddy of mine at the local B&M has smoked them. He's a 7 stick a day smoker and he was not impressed.

They box is pretty but I examined and smelled specimens from boxes of three different sizes and I was not blown away. At $20 a stick, I was not anxious to pick one up to try.

Wilkey

I found the 150's to be mild as well.The 160 I have not tried yet but I doubt I will by a box.I would like to try a couple though,but I never feel they are worth the $$,but thats me.

My friends B&M has them for $30 to $45 per and he said he didn't care for the one he tried.

Supposedly the same wrapper as the 150.
Make up of the new Partagas 160:
Wrapper: Cameroon
Binder: Mexican
Filler: Mexican

MSRP is $18-$22+ tob. tax depending on size.

Happy hunting!!!

I'll say here what I said at CF:

Was underwhelmed by the 150.

If I were gifted a 160 I would smoke it, but I'm not about to pay Cuban Cohiba prices for a hohum cigar from General.

Smoked one this afternoon, it was a good cigar, not great.
The cameroon wrapper is very prominient. The mexican binder and filler are understated, almost an afterthought in the blend. Overall I'd say its about $10 overpriced.

I'll say here what I said at CF:

Was underwhelmed by the 150.

If I were gifted a 160 I would smoke it, but I'm not about to pay Cuban Cohiba prices for a hohum cigar from General.

Well stated. I can't wait for them to find a bit more of the wrapper left over for the Partagas 170's in 10 years! :)

My local has boxes up the wazoo. I asked him why he had so many and his response was that people would buy them, just like the 150s. I asked him what he thought he smiled and said "caveat emptor".

That was all I needed.

Just smoked one about two hours ago. I enjoyed it and found it to be one of the better Cameroons I have had. Granted, I am still fairly new to this hobby. Would I drop another 25 bucks on one- no. That is unless, they really pick up with age, which is what the shop owner said was true of the 150s after they were released.

:0
They are going for $30 here...It better come with some boobies for that price ;)

I happen to really enjoy the 150...but I didn't spend a whole lot on them...and I don't smoke them with anything stronger than water...on a breezeless evening...with my eyes shut to concentrate on the taste of the damn thing!

-Fetter

i wasn not impressed with it. It needs some age, the middle tastes like a 150 but the rest of the cigar is sub par.. The limited reserves are better IMO as are the 150s(though they are getting a little too old and becoming alot of work to smoke)

I can't wait for them to find a bit more of the wrapper left over for the Partagas 170's in 10 years!

:laugh:

Figger by the 200th Anniversary, that Cammy wrapper will have smoothed out nicely.

That is unless, they really pick up with age, which is what the shop owner said was true of the 150s after they were released.

It's all subjective, but I think your B&M guy was trying to sell you a few 160's to age for awhile in the hope that when you finally smoke them, you won't remember what he said. In my experience, the 150's started out ok, and stayed that way. Haven't had one in quite awhile, but I'm guessing they're getting pretty thin and boring by now.

Again, subjective, but for anyone who's looking for Cameroon flavor, I think the Fuentes have it pretty well wrapped up. :whistling:

-The smaller ring guage Don Carlos (particularly the Lancero, although it's not readily available) are loaded with sweet spice.
-The Hemis are all excellent.
-I smoked my first Cuesta Rey #9 Stanford's Cameroon Reserve recently. It was worlds better then any of the 150's I've ever smoked. And cheaper, I believe.
-858's are, IMO, one of the best "everyday" smokes out there

I can't figure out why people equate greatness with strength. An awesome mild cigar is never worth the money but a pretty good nicoteenbomb is definitely worth $20. Padron said it best... anybody can make a strong cigar, key is not strength, key is balance. Amen to Padron Sr.