• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Series D No 4

texasaero

Cooler Troll
Got this in a split with sir smokes a lot. Poured an already opened Taylor Fladgate 1999 LBV.

Construction was slightly below average for the typical regular production. I've always had some sort of wrapper issue with one out of 10 vitolas. The wrapper was a stained oak brown. It has a crack that ran longitudinal from band to capa. When the head was snipped the rest of the head fell apart and loosened up. I was picking pieces of the wrapper out of my mouth throughout the smoke. Had to smoke this gingerly and gently the whole time. The tooth was medium some veining is easily visible. Feel was soft. With that, the draw was easy. The robusto lit easily after a quick time at toasting the foot. It canoed halfway. Corrections had to be made from time to time.

Prelight draw was an earthy scent. First draws were very earthy with highlights of grassiness, the partagas way. A bit of twang touched sides of my tongue during the first few puffs. The earthiness remained throughout the smoke. The grassiness was replaced with full bodied tobacco taste. The ever entertaining earthy taste did not let me put the cigar in it's cradle often. I was very suprise to find peppery tastes. I'm sure the FOGs know this.

I did not nub this. The canoeing problems led to some cold cigar tastes near the band. The overall taste experience was certainly above average, as was it is with all vitolas with the same pedigree.

Are you sure you didn't have fakes? I usually mule these in from overseas travel, after purchase from an LCDH. I've not had the problems you describe.

Cheers,

4A

openedPSD4box.jpg

Four Aces said:
Are you sure you didn't have fakes? I usually mule these in from overseas travel, after purchase from an LCDH. I've not had the problems you describe.

Cheers,

4A
[snapback]171957[/snapback]​

I live 45 minutes from an LCDH. See map of Detroit. I still get some wrapper problems from boxes from there. Singles never. They cull them.

texasaero said:
Four Aces said:
Are you sure you didn't have fakes?  I usually mule these in from overseas travel, after purchase from an LCDH.  I've not had the problems you describe.

Cheers,

4A
[snapback]171957[/snapback]​

I live 45 minutes from an LCDH. See map of Detroit. I still get some wrapper problems from boxes from there. Singles never. They cull them.
[snapback]171965[/snapback]​

I meant the sticks you received in the box pass, not what you buy in Canada.

4A

these are great smokes
voted top robustos of cubans 2004
i'll send you one to compare :)