• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Shorts OR Siglo I's

Jake Bourdon

My next box of smokes I want to purchase is something that does not take to much time to smoke because of time constraints. I have narrowed it down to these two cigars, which one would you recommend for a short tasty smoke?

I've always enjoyed:

San Cristobal El Principe
RASCC
Trinidad Reyes

If I had to pick between the 2 you mentioned, it would be the Siglo I, unless you have the Shorts with age.

Siglo I ~ Fresh

Party Short ~ With some age

Both are good smokes, but they both get better with some downtime. I give the advantage to the shorts because they have a much better price point.

Jim

Jake Bourdon

siglo I...to me is perhaps the best young/fresh cigar of any size.also one of the strongest...so be prepared.

i do love my shorts though...but if younger than about '03 i would get the sig I's.

derrek

Of the two you listed, I would easily choose the Partagas Shorts over the Cohiba Siglo I. Don't get me wrong...the Siglo I is a great cigar, but IMHO, the Party Short is better. I also like the San Cristobal de La Habana El Principe and the Trinidad Reyes over the Siglo I. Honestly though...you can't go wrong really with any of these picks.

My next box of smokes I want to purchase is something that does not take to much time to smoke because of time constraints. I have narrowed it down to these two cigars, which one would you recommend for a short tasty smoke?

I recommend you buy at least a box of each! :thumbs:

Party shorts are a great bang for the buck smoke. I also think the San Cristy's mentioned are excellent.

Thank you all for your recommendations and advice its much appreciated. I finally went with two five boxes of the siglo I and a twelve box of Trinidad Reyes. Now the Siglo I had a good constructed wrapper and it burned even throughout. The draw was a bit tight but ok and the smoke was just grass/hay throughout until the last third where it got a bit cramier and I was picking up notes of toast/bread. To tell you the truth it was pretty bland until near the end which was disappointing for my first Cohiba. The Monte 4's I have been smoking have been great with their cream/leather and cedar notes in comparison. I am going to let them sit for a few months and see if they get better.

Now theTrinidad Reyes I managed to get a box from Nov 2004 and the one I smoked out of the box was fantastic. A real smooth cream chocolate sweet smoke, everthing was perfect, the draw, the burn and most of all the flavor. The complexity of the smoke is impressive as I am picking up different notes throughout the smoke, they were playing peekaboo I just do not have the words for what I was picking up underneath the sweet cocoa woody smooth smoke. These are for me even better than my beloved Monte 4's, I think I am in love with this smoke, I am smoking one right now as I type. A big thumbs up for the Trinidad Reyes a good quality smoke.

I would have suggested the Shorts, 'cause they're much cheaper (while still being darn good cigars). I think the better question is which would be the better value, which I think the Shorts provide (subjective to personal taste). Unless you know and can appreciate the taste of the more expensive cigars, and Cohibas are pretty much always on the higher end of the price range, then I gotta say to go with the tried and true value cigars.

You didn't try the Shorts?

No I was tempted but I kept hearing good things about the Trinidad Reyes and they are a very good smooth smoke. The shorts are on my list as my next buy in a few months, I already have a 10 box of PSD4's and if they are half as good I will be happy.