• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

pass P / T 's

mhn

Okay, give all of the discussion in the past month or so regarding puts and takes in passes, I have been wondering about takes an puts of ISOMs in passes. I understand that for domestics generally MSRP is used when figuring out what is fair (as well as scarcity) but how do you judge this for an ISOM. I know that there are source to consult regarding price, but some of them vary quite widely. But my main question is, if you take an ISOM that costs $8 and is from 1998, is it okay to put back one that cost $8 but it from 2003? Hoe do you factor in production year into your takes and puts?

TIA,
Mike

This one almost got me to thinking in the circular mode of..which came first the chicken or the egg. *Slap* It's really not that difficult.

Let's say we're talking about the same brand of cigar, we're probably talking about 2 different size vitolas...

The $8 2003 if aged sells for $9.
The $8 1998 is a $7 current production model.

It only makes sense that an $8 current production is of a larger vitola than the $8 aged model. Say an aged Torpedo vs a newer DC. $8 = $8 in my book.

When it comes to pricing, I am still a little confused. Are we talking about the price per stick if purchased individually at a local retail shop? Or the price per stick if purchased by the box? Or the price per stick if purchased at a discount through
C-bid (for domestics only, obviously).

I would step it up just a bit.

I have found that if you just step it up a tiny bit, then you have made a great play. You have to be carefull though, Don't overdo yourself!!!!

Phil

JUST DON"T BE SHADY FOLKS, WE ARE ALL BROTHERS HERE AND DON"T NEED TO SCREW EACH OTHER OVER!!!!

:love: can you feel it?

I fail to see the problem here. For MOST ANY cigar just pick a site, any site and use it for both your pulls and pushes. I'm sure anyone that's been here for over a week can find some site that sells cubans. There are a couple that advertise here. Just don't pick the most expensive one for your pushes and the cheapest one for your pulls. One more thing and I'll get off my soapbox. You think that cigar X is the best cigar you ever smoked, better than any of the so called "best" out there. If it's a $5.00 cigar it still doesn't equal a $8.00 cigar you don't like. OK, one more thing :p . There are cigars that are worth more than the msrp that's listed. Maduro Hemingways, original release of some sticks, some limited release sticks. If you don't know, ask, as we all have found out someone will tell you what they are worth. :thumbs: If any doubt ask the pass owner, after all it's their pass.

I always figure stick prices using the price of the box divided by the number of cigars

Just to echo the previous guidance - consistency counts.

If you ALWAYS use box prices divided by # of indies, you're good. If you always use the average price over 2 or 3 sites for indies, you're good. Just don't mix it up.

The key - be fair, be generous, follow the GOLDEN RULE!

Wascal said:
I fail to see the problem here. For MOST ANY cigar just pick a site, any site and use it for both your pulls and pushes.

Now 'ya can't make it any simpler than that! :thumbs:

I have often emailed the owner of the pass with my puts and takes BEFORE I list them. That way, if I made a mistake. . . .they can tell me. (This happened in the first pass I participated in . . . Father T's Gumbo Pass. I took a cigar that was VERY rare. . .but I didn't know. HOWEVER. . . I emailed Greg first and ask his approval on the puts and takes. He pointed out my error and I corrected it. We are both STILL very good friends, and a mistake was avoided.)

I think if you follow the golden rule, and try to go "above and beyond" (without going overboard), then everyone is happy.

But remember this. . . the purpose of the pass is to have a good time, with good friends. And hopefully to make some new friends along the way. (I know I certainly have.)

Just don't stress about this, and if you have a question, ask . . .no one will think less of you.

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

STEVE

So what can I take for putting in a backwoods?

Summerdale
Munniemaker
Garcia y Vega
Phillies Blunt
White Owl
farting_contest.gif

:sign:

Horse said:
This one almost got me to thinking in the circular mode of..which came first the chicken or the egg. *Slap* It's really not that difficult.
Of course the Rooster actually came first!!! :D :D :sign: :sign: :sign:

Like what site a favorite or is preferrable for the FOGs around here. Prices vary an incredible amount from site to site. I believe I have made a mistake or three in some passes, but mostly because the process of finding good info was so ify at best. I would like a good link to a rock solid set of prices if anyone has one, PM would be appreciated. Now that I am back online, I hope to participate a little moe!!!

Russell