• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

pass

Amazing play. :0 In fact, I've pm'd Toaster to invite him to take another cigar or two. Do, Toaster, feel free to modify your takes - if you want to. Otherwise and either way, great play and thank you for the :0 great :0 host cigar!!!

I don't know whether or not it is necessary to mention this, but I got a pm regarding the BTL that Phil put and well... Be careful trading the BTL - Because of its rarity (there are very few boxes of these released annually), it is one those cigars that can't be traded by a price-to-price match. In my opinion no Opux X would match this one.

I say this, not only because I am hoping to end up with it :D :sign:, but because of the recent attention that has been paid to square dealing. Price-to-price isn't always the only factor to consider. This cigar is a good example.

That having been said, feel free to make a trade for it if you have a qualifying cigar. The cigar was (very generously) donated by Phil for the box pass and it should be treated as fair game. I only want to address the fact that price and rarity come into play with this one!

Thanks!!! :D

Blair,
Great post!

Now in the event someone wanted the BTL bad enough a single cigar that would IMO be deserving of the trade - Padron 1926 Series #1 nat or mad, maybe #2 & #9 maduro. I also think the Opus X 'A' would deffinately qualifyhands down! Of corse there are numerous cigars that would qualify from smokers island. What does everyone think? I'm curious? Would these be ok? What else might a guy be able to trade for the illusive BTL?

cohibasurfer said:
Blair,
Great post!

Now in the event someone wanted the BTL bad enough a single cigar that would IMO be deserving of the trade - Padron 1926 Series #1 nat or mad, maybe #2 & #9 maduro. I also think the Opus X 'A' would deffinately qualifyhands down! Of corse there are numerous cigars that would qualify from smokers island. What does everyone think? I'm curious? Would these be ok? What else might a guy be able to trade for the illusive BTL?
Oops, maybe I was too hasty - the Opus X 'A' would certainly qualify. The 1926's though don't even match price-for-price, do they? I may not be looking in the right place, but they seem to be about $20 whereas the BTL about $35. Is that right? Also, the 1926's are hard to find but are they as illusive as our BTL? (my question marks, by the way, are not rhetorical.) :D

blair said:
cohibasurfer said:
Blair,
Great post!

Oops, maybe I was too hasty - the Opus X 'A' would certainly qualify. The 1926's though don't even match price-for-price, do they? I may not be looking in the right place, but they seem to be about $20 whereas the BTL about $35. Is that right? Also, the 1926's are hard to find but are they as illusive as our BTL? (my question marks, by the way, are not rhetorical.) :D
The BTL's are not even close to $35.....MSRP is only $13.50. I was able to get some for $18.35 (MSRP + Taxes). They are only released once a year.

Padron '26's MSRP are = if not higher but they are easier to come by

Wow, $13.50?! If you can find some for 18 bucks sign me up! I'll take a couple. I have been searching the internet and haven't been able to find them for less than $31.80 here. I'm not doubting your great find though!

But, yeah, the '26's are (hard, but still) easier to find. (I should also add, that I'm in no way knocking the 26's. I have only smoked one, and it stands out as the best cigar I have smoked to date!)

This is a great topic regarding fair trade. I paid $50 for a BTL, with a 46,48,55 Anejo. I read that that the BTL MSRP was $20. The $50 was with 20% tax.

Well, I'm gonna weigh in with my 2 cents.

I was thinking about pulling that BTL, and PM'd a few people around here ;) and was told because of the rarity of that particular cigar, what would be fair as a comparable put... Most of which I didn't have and would had to go buy to put in.... so I think it was Phil who said, when a BTL is put into a pass- it pretty much should stay in and return to the host. :)

NOW, after that- I called around to almost all the cigar shops in the DFW area --- That's a lot of cigar shops LET ME TELL YOU! Just about every shop around here HAD the BTL's for xmas :0 :angry: but they are all sold out... so I asked what they sold for, and the answer surprised me... Around $14-$15 a stick. :0

That may not be what its worth (its worth more in trade is what I mean)... but many of the shops in this area sold them for $15/ea 2-4 weeks ago, had I known- I would have picked up a few. I have some "friends" at cigar shops like most of you probably do too- Had they known I was in the market for some- they would have atleast alerted me when they came in! :sneaky: ("friends" who like to take my money!!! :0 :p )

NOW: The 1926 is around here... I've seen them in several shops, they are around $20'ish (depending on size)... and around here, at least for now- they are available... I'm sure that will not be the case soon. (btw: no body I called had Opus X in right now either- all sold for xmas) .. *note: I personally would rather buy 2 1964's vs 1 1926.. only because I personally don't think they are any better, but twice the price... THATS JUST ME.

Now to clearify, I have NO IDEA whats a fair trade for a BTL, if I knew, I wouldn't have PM'd the people here that I did.... but just wanted to let you guys know what the prices were HERE for christmas...

I really hope the BTL makes it back to you blair- and in the event it doesnt- I'm sure whatever you get will be equally as rare and/or excellent :thumbs:

enough of the thread jack from me :lookup: :love:

Many thanks to blair for inviting me to pull more sticks... but I'm happy with my list if everyone else is! (Cohibasurfer signed off on it- That's gotta mean something!!! ;) :p)

THANKS FOR LETTING ME PLAY BLAIR!!! Excellent "pass" :D

:thumbs: Toaster

Oh---blair, I hope you enjoy the RG :thumbs: , its a really good "smokers island" cigar (I like that saying, I think I'll use it more often now ;))

Toaster said:
Oh---blair, I hope you enjoy the RG :thumbs: , its a really good "smokers island" cigar (I like that saying, I think I'll use it more often now ;))
LMAO !! I'm sure I'll love it, Toaster! Thanks for the cigar and the great post (above).

:D

Ya see why I said earlier in the thread that at least I would be able to see what some of those cigars phil put in looked like. I knew I couldn't afford to take them.

This is exactly the thing that needs to happen during a great pass. Communication! While I would let the 1926 trade go for the BTL others wouldn't, and since it is up to the masses of the pass ( and not exclusively to the host mind you, but his opinion should weigh in heavier ) it could be clarified and no problem would occur! Although discussions are argumenitive, they should never become an actual argument! If that makes sense. If a cigar is not placed in the host bag ( and a host cigar should not account for a trade in the pass) it's open game. But if you wish to get along, the exchange should deffinately make all happy in the pass, those that don't speak up, should never say anything... after the fact.

Blair I hope you don't mind this type of posting on your pass thread! But I can't think of a better way to get scenerio's and then attention to an occuring problem going on at CP. Your pass thread might and probably should be pinned at the end!

Again if it bothers you LMK and I asure you I won't continue.

cohibasurfer said:
This is exactly the thing that needs to happen during a great pass. Communication! While I would let the 1926 trade go for the BTL others wouldn't, and since it is up to the masses of the pass ( and not exclusively to the host mind you, but his opinion should weigh in heavier ) it could be clarified and no problem would occur! Although discussions are argumenitive, they should never become an actual argument! If that makes sense. If a cigar is not placed in the host bag ( and a host cigar should not account for a trade in the pass) it's open game. But if you wish to get along, the exchange should deffinately make all happy in the pass, those that don't speak up, should never say anything... after the fact.

Blair I hope you don't mind this type of posting on your pass thread! But I can't think of a better way to get scenerio's and then attention to an occuring problem going on at CP. Your pass thread might and probably should be pinned at the end!

Again if it bothers you LMK and I asure you I won't continue.
I couldn't agree more. Well said.

Bobbyson1a said:
What do you guys think about the EDICIÓN de SILVIO. only 25,000 where made.
Send me one to smoke and I'll let you know. lol :p

BTW- I'm just joking

Toaster said:
I was thinking about pulling that BTL
Don't worry about it, Tommy ... I've got you covered on Tuesday if you'll send me your phone number again!

My Jeep is running great now, so no worries about getting there!!

Shuji said:
Toaster said:
I was thinking about pulling that BTL
Don't worry about it, Tommy ... I've got you covered on Tuesday if you'll send me your phone number again!

My Jeep is running great now, so no worries about getting there!!
Man- I appreciate it, but honestly, I couldn't accept that cigar. :love: especially after this... now that I've actually talked to a few people about it, called around and what not. I'll find 'em next year and buy some. :thumbs:

Don't misunderstand- I REALLY APPRECIATE THE OFFER... but I just couldn't. :)

We're still on for Tuesday though ;)

:thumbs: Toaster

posted by triple_d
Ya see why I said earlier in the thread that at least I would be able to see what some of those cigars phil put in looked like. I knew I couldn't afford to take them.

Yeah, I know what you mean. when you get the pass, you'll get to see it, hold it and smell it--- I KNOW I DID!!!! :D :p :p :p