• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Paterno fired at Penn State

I just want to say from everything I've learned (I'm a Crime law and Justice major) and have read about or researched people in prison who are rapists or child abusers/molestors do not have it easy.

I take issue with this comment, and I just have to clarify to make sure I am not reading into it incorrectly. From what I gather, I almost sense a hint of sympathy regarding the "rapists/molestors do not have it easy." What do you mean by that?

As Mick put out there, sex offenders are constant repeat offenders. Statistically, it is RARE that they rehabilitate completely and do not commit any other sex-related offenses. This is the reason why a sex crime in my state carries a huge jump from simply having to register as an offender (sexual battery/annoying children) to doing 30 years per offense.(anything from sexual assault to rape/sodomy).

So, just clarify for me if you will. :)

Pretty sure he meant they (child offenders) don't have it easy in prison once the general prison populations catches wind of their crime.

Will

Students from the local PSU campus (Penn State Behrend) held a candle light vigil last night for the true victims in this horror - the children.

The students need to be commended. I can't even imagine what they are going through on a daily basis, all when they are trying to learn. There is going to be so much more coming out in the next month, this is going to be a huge deal. It really is sad.

Another victim has come forward. I wonder how many of these kids had a father at home or at least active in their lives? I'm guessing none.

I just hope there aren't any of his victims who are not coming forward because they are continuing the cycle.

It's a bad time for my Alma mater. I hope that a thorough investigation is performed and justice is served. It is ashame that the current students and alum are the butt of many people's jokes. Let's remember the victims who are struggling thru this.

Pretty sure he meant they (child offenders) don't have it easy in prison once the general prison populations catches wind of their crime.

Will
This is correct.

I was waiting for you to jump in this thread PSU.

I bitch every time they call me for donations. I just don't sympathize for pedophiles and figured you didn't either.

WIll

Will
This is correct.

I was waiting for you to jump in this thread PSU.

Okay, thank you for clarifying. I appreciated badwhale's input, but I'm more of a "hear it from the horse's mouth" type of person.

there's no way he was condoning pedophilia

Will

I didn't say he was Will, and while I appreciate you defending your bud, I asked to hear straight from him. If you read my post carefully, I ask for clarification before I jump to a conclusion as many are wont to do on the internet.