• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PEACHES

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
Reaction score
Go buy yourselves a peck of peaches, and a bunch of Mason jars. Wash the fruit. Cut fruit up into slices. Pack into Mason jars then fill with Grand Mariner. Seal the jars. Forget about them until Thanksgiving. Xmas would be better. You'll thank me. Bon Appetite.

Doc.

A few peach slices in a Mason jar of Moonshine is pretty damn delicious too!
thumbs-up.gif

My grandparents did something similar to this with some sort of red wine. Wish I knew which type of red it was. I haven't had it in years, but it was good. This does sound like it might be more delish.

My grandparents did something similar to this with some sort of red wine. Wish I knew which type of red it was. I haven't had it in years, but it was good. This does sound like it might be more delish.
That's a fairly common Italian desert. Any dry red table wine will do, along with a teaspoon of sugar. Don't make it anymore complicated than it is. Your grandparents didn't.

Doc.

That's a fairly common Italian desert. Any dry red table wine will do, along with a teaspoon of sugar. Don't make it anymore complicated than it is. Your grandparents didn't.

Doc.

Another gold nugget from this guy.... This should be in a quote book somewhere.
Pay attention people

From the title, I was hoping this was AVB type post, but thanks for the suggestion anyway, Doc.

Mmmmm............Sounds good Doc!

Skin the peaches, right?

You'll have some trouble with skinning them as you would an apple since the peel and flesh are much more delicate. You should be able to accomplish this by dropping the peaches in boiling water for 30-60 seconds then dropping them in an ice water bath to stop the cooking. Once cool you should be able to almost rub the peel off with hands or a brush, like one used to scrub potatoes.

Same method works for tomato and any other soft fleshed fruit.

You're not actually canning, as in boiling in a canner? Tonight is the night for me to put up about a dozen quarts of brandied peaches where we are canning. Might go looking for some GM in the cabinet - think I have some.

Boiling water method described above is what we use. Never tried the brush tho - will tonight!

You're not actually canning, as in boiling in a canner? Tonight is the night for me to put up about a dozen quarts of brandied peaches where we are canning. Might go looking for some GM in the cabinet - think I have some.

Boiling water method described above is what we use. Never tried the brush tho - will tonight!
No not canning. I just wash the jars and lids in hot soapy water.

Doc.

Doc.

I still want a picture of you in an apron Doc... Just sayin'. :whistling:

Doc.

I still want a picture of you in an apron Doc... Just sayin'. :whistling:

He's a squid they wear aprons all the time, just on the back of their necks :whistling: