• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pens vs. Wings

Gotta be honest, I was concerned during this game. Payback for my comment about the Flyers fans looking nervous during game 4, I guess.

GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have an OHL developmental team here called the Otters. These young men are 17-22 years old. Pretty much the same age as Sid. Not that they aren't good players, but this kid's level of play is amazing!

detroit_red_wings_logo1022504b.jpg

The large lady is warming up. Anyone with any free game 5 tickets??? :whistling:

Great hockey game last night. I am sure there were some tired bodies in both locker rooms after the game.

LETS GO PENS !!!!!

That was exhausting! You would think sportscenter would cover it more considering it is the Finals and its between 2 storied franchises. I guess at 4am, stuff like tennis takes precedence. (I fell asleep before it was over so I had no idea who won)

My local news didn't even cover it. I made through most of the second overtime, and then...it was morning.

Whew!

GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For you guys that like hockey, tonights game should be great. For you non-fans, maybe if you watch tonight it will change your mind.

LETS GO PENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Penguins SUCK and will be dispatched in 5.

Hmmmm, looks like FoMoCo was almost right on the money! :laugh: For what little attention I pay to hockey, I like the Bruins but I wish I had seen this thread earlier because clearly, the Red Wings are a far superior team to the....what do you call that team from Pittsburgh.... ???

I'm pullin' for the Red Wings. :thumbs: I like the city of Detroit and I kinda gotta make up for rooting for the Celtics to beat the Pistons and the White Sox to beat the Tigers. :laugh:

I actually watched game five and Detroit dominated that game. Face it, the "pens" :rolleyes: got lucky. It'll be over in six so FoMoCo's initial call was just about right on the money. ;)

Okay now it's over, but damn that was an exciting 90 seconds. Congrats Detroit.

See, like I told you guys, I didn't even know the game was tonight. I was watching the Red Sox beat the Devil Rays and I just caught the last six minutes or so and WOW, :0 you're right gta, that WAS indeed an amazing last two minutes of the game, power play, empty net AND that Red Wing guy losing his stick, it was six on three :0 and the Penguins scored right when they needed to AND they almost pulled off the sending it into OT.

Great job by the Penguins! :thumbs:

Not the best game of the series, but as already mentioned, what a finish!

The Pens played well and made a series out of it, but the old guys pulled it out.

the_stanley_cup.jpg

Well .... Almost. Very exciting ending to the series.

I have to admit, the best team won. Detroit always seemed like they had an extra player or two on the ice. They never missed their outlet passes. Very sound, skilled hockey team.

It was a great run for the Pens. The future looks bright. Hopefully we will not have to wait another 15+ years to get to the cup finals.

One more time.

LETS GO PENS !!!!

P.S. Sticks will go out tomorrow. If your addy is not in your profile, please pm it to me.

Penguins SUCK and will be dispatched in 5.

This is just sacrilege!

At one point in time, "The Burgh" was 13-0 in world championships between the Steelers, Pirates and Penguins! The three teams had won 13 world championships in 13 tries!

The three teams in the Burgh still have the best winning percentage in world championships in their respective sports!

Let me hear from another sports city with a record like that?

THE BURGH!

Congrats to the Red Wings! Detroit is definitely Hockeytown once again. Not many weak spots on that team, that's for sure.

Congrats also to the Penguins, who will be a force to be reckoned with for many years to come (if they can keep the core of their team intact). For your sake, I hope your ownership doesn't let your superstars escape like the mental giants in Buffalo did last year.

Back