• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pepin Padilla Split

Marcos

I love you Rocky & Sammie and Bee...thank you
Saw this article on CA. Anyone hear any additional info on this? So what exactly does this mean now? Does the blend and tobacco survive for lines like the 8/11 and 1932 with only production and rolling changing hands? Or are these lines soon to be gone for good? DPG/Padilla Article

I hope the blends stay the same. With enough practice, the cigar will still maintain it's quality even without Pepin pulling the reigns on the rollers. At least I hope so.

If this is true I will have to get some 8&11s and 1932s very soon which I had already planned to do. Hopefully the quality doesn't go down. ???

The rumbling sound you now hear is that of people all over running to get their wallets so they can place quick online orders.

To tell the truth, I've never been too partial to any Padillas.

As fast as DPG brand is growing and the take on of San Cristobal, something had to give. I guess this was it. I'm just very glad it wasn't Tatuaje.

Hopefully the translation is not a sign of more to come...

Pepin: Ernesto, sorry I cannot make cigars for you anymore, I have bigger, better paying customers.

Padilla: No problem Pepin good luck, and I hope it does not come back to bite you in the ass!!!

Well, Pepin is finding out what capitalism is all about in a hurry. I hope for those of you that smoke Padilla's religiously do not suffer from the separation.

Btw fwiw, when people have to stress that the separation is amicable it probably isn't, then again it is just my opinion. Thanks for linking that story though... :thumbs:

Padilla 1932's are some of my favorite stick's. I can't imagine them not being made any more. This probably just means no more blends from Pepin going forward I would think. I guess we shall see.

I sent an email to Ernesto from the link on the Padilla site. We'll see if there is any response.

That sucks. I'm curious to see how the 1932 will pan out now. One of my faves.

Interesting news. The Signature 1932 is one of my favorite cigars and luckily I've stocked up enough boxes to last me awhile, because there's no doubt in my mind the blend is bound to change (even if only slightly). Ditto on the Miami 8/11's.

Count me in on the 1932 Lancero group buy.

Are there any of those overruns still around?

JK

Looks like Holt's still has the overruns. BTW Ernesto e-mailed me back and said the 8/11 and Signature 1932 will be made in their own "Little Havana Factory."

Edited to say that I wonder if this might be a good thing for quality control on these lines in the long run. Who knows? ??? Good reason to make a purchase now anyway though.

Hopefully the translation is not a sign of more to come...

Pepin: Ernesto, sorry I cannot make cigars for you anymore, I have bigger, better paying customers.

Padilla: No problem Pepin good luck, and I hope it does not come back to bite you in the ass!!!

Well, Pepin is finding out what capitalism is all about in a hurry. I hope for those of you that smoke Padilla's religiously do not suffer from the separation.

Btw fwiw, when people have to stress that the separation is amicable it probably isn't, then again it is just my opinion. Thanks for linking that story though... :thumbs:

If you had Met Don Pepin Garcia and spoken to him on this subject , you would know for him it is not about money.
He is about the art of the cigar and trying to keep this tradition going. The art of masterful blends and the growing and cultivating of tobacco.
For him it is a way of life and to some degree his art form.

I think since he has taken on such a large client (ASHTON) he can no longer continue to produce quality cigars in such large volume. So something had to give.
(would rather have seen tatuaje go than padilla)
It would be better for him continue to make a quality cigar and take pride in it , than for him to make too many cigars with no quality and have his name as a blender/roller suffer. He is already a rich man no sense in trying to get richer at the expense of his namesake and huge accomplishments he has achieved in Cuba and here in the USA.

-Alex