• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pepin Padilla Split

Looks like Holt's still has the overruns.

Damn I would totally jump on that but I don't have room for 10 cigars in my humi and I have already spent enough on cigars this month. :(

I bought some of the overruns last night....Too good a deal to pass up especially with the current situation....

Unfortunately for Ernesto, I think he is the one who is not going to benefit from this change in events.

Unfortunately for Ernesto, I think he is the one who is not going to benefit from this change in events.

You may be surprised how well he'll do if the right people put some wind behind his sails :whistling: . Or say perhaps a new cigar line produced in Miami comes on the market :whistling:

You may be surprised how well he'll do if the right people put some wind behind his sails :whistling: . Or say perhaps a new cigar line produced in Miami comes on the market :whistling:

That sounds like a post from someone with "insider" information. :cool:

I love it when threads take a turn for the better.

Even with the growth of Pepin's operation and possible future developments, I think this is more likely about cigars being ordered by Ernesto while not having boxes ready for them forcing Pepin to store Ernesto's cigars for an extended period of time until Ernesto could get the boxes ready.

Interesting... I am sitting here wondering who those people would be.

But still, I am not so sure that given the status of the market today that another cigar made in Miami will be near as successful out of the gate as one tied to the Pepin name. It may take a few years. But at least Ernesto has the Padilla name to take with him. I wish him the all the best.

Edit: I can think of a few families/companies that I bet would be just as if not more successful for Padilla to connect with. I just wonder how they would be tied into him.

Frick...the 1932 Overruns on Holts are not there anymore. Way to buy them all guys...anyone want to split their's with me? :whistling:

I am sure some of you have seen or heard of the Press Release that Padilla Cigars will no longer be making cigars with Pepin Garcia. As you know, as many of you are aware Pepin's operations have grown tremendously and many different brands have been brought into his fold.

Over 3 years ago, I had the opportunity to begin producing cigars with a Cuban-roller few if any in the cigar industry had heard of at the time. I remember walking in and seeing about six rollers going about creating cigars in a manner which I have not seen in any other factory at the time. I met with Pepin and his son and was very impressed with the quality and craftsmanship of their cigars. All the heads on their cigars were triple-capped, the cigars were created with to binders unlike the traditional one and there was no use of any machines to assist in the bunching of the cigars like the majority of cigar factories and of course, all the rollers had been trained in Cuba.

At the time there were a few private labels being produced at that factory, I came to Pepin and in about 6 months we had created a great blend which was called the Padilla Miami 8&11, which was named Cigar Aficionado's Top 25 Cigars in 2005.

I mention this information to give people an understanding of how small Pepin's operation was just 2 short years ago.During that time, we created other award-winning blends such as, the Padilla Miami, Signature 1932 and 1948 and at the time Pepin did not have a cigar factory in Nicaragua and I wanted to come out with a more accessible cigar at a lower price point and at the time our cigars were at a high price point due to the labor costs in Miami and how the cigars were manufactured. I looked for another cigar company over 2 years ago that could compliment what I was doing with Pepin, which offered a lower price point which could only be achieved in another country, such as Nicaragua. I spoke with Jose Oliva, of the Oliva Cigar Family and worked out a great blend that we soon called the Padilla Habano (named after its wrapper). Both the Oliva Cigar Company and Pepin Garcia were instrumental in Padilla Cigar Companies success and remain close friends to this day. I had mentioned to Jose Oliva, several months back the idea of opening up my own Padilla cigar factory and he was very supportive along with his brothers in this new venture. At that time, I saw that many new brands in higher volumes were beginning to be produced in Pepin's factory. One of my main goals at Padilla Cigars was to create limited, premium boutique cigars and in order to better achieve this goal I feel that the time has come to create my own cigar factory that will be able to produce high-end premium cigars, similar to what we created earlier with Pepin. I am very excited about this new project and will bring better quality control and production control along with creating more unique cigar blends in the Cuban tradition.
Working with Pepin Garcia has been a great learning experience, and he has a great passion and dedication to his craft. I know the reason many of you visit internet forums is to get more insight into our small industry and at times gossip and rumors can run astray but the simple fact is, I wanted to have more control over the premium cigars that Padilla manufactures year out.

Many friends within the industry that I have mentioned the new factory to have already offered us a hand with our new premium Miami factory. And as some of you may know, we currently produce 2 brands in Honduras and Nicragua; the Padilla Habano and the Serie'68 which just received a 93 rating along with a exclusive interview on Padilla Cigars and myself in the latest April issue of Cigar Aficionado.
We hope to have the factory up and running in several months, as the location, tobacco and rollers have been established.

Padilla Cigars will continue to manufacture 3 brands in the Miami Factory: the Padilla Miami, Signature 1932 and 1948 and will also create exclusive blends only available at the Miami factory. We look forward to your comments and welcome your opinions as we continue to create limited award-winning boutique cigars. When the factory does commence its operations, we welcome all cigars smokers to visit us on Miami's historic Calle Ocho (8th street).
We wish Pepin Garcia and his family continued success and look forward to our new challenges as we bring the Padilla Miami Cigar Factory to life.
I would like to thank everyone for their continued support and wish everyone the best.

Sincerely,

Ernesto Padilla
President
Padilla Cigar Company

I am sure some of you have seen or heard of the Press Release that Padilla Cigars will no longer be making cigars with Pepin Garcia. As you know, as many of you are aware Pepin's operations have grown tremendously and many different brands have been brought into his fold.

Over 3 years ago, I had the opportunity to begin producing cigars with a Cuban-roller few if any in the cigar industry had heard of at the time. I remember walking in and seeing about six rollers going about creating cigars in a manner which I have not seen in any other factory at the time. I met with Pepin and his son and was very impressed with the quality and craftsmanship of their cigars. All the heads on their cigars were triple-capped, the cigars were created with to binders unlike the traditional one and there was no use of any machines to assist in the bunching of the cigars like the majority of cigar factories and of course, all the rollers had been trained in Cuba.

At the time there were a few private labels being produced at that factory, I came to Pepin and in about 6 months we had created a great blend which was called the Padilla Miami 8&11, which was named Cigar Aficionado's Top 25 Cigars in 2005.

I mention this information to give people an understanding of how small Pepin's operation was just 2 short years ago.During that time, we created other award-winning blends such as, the Padilla Miami, Signature 1932 and 1948 and at the time Pepin did not have a cigar factory in Nicaragua and I wanted to come out with a more accessible cigar at a lower price point and at the time our cigars were at a high price point due to the labor costs in Miami and how the cigars were manufactured. I looked for another cigar company over 2 years ago that could compliment what I was doing with Pepin, which offered a lower price point which could only be achieved in another country, such as Nicaragua. I spoke with Jose Oliva, of the Oliva Cigar Family and worked out a great blend that we soon called the Padilla Habano (named after its wrapper). Both the Oliva Cigar Company and Pepin Garcia were instrumental in Padilla Cigar Companies success and remain close friends to this day. I had mentioned to Jose Oliva, several months back the idea of opening up my own Padilla cigar factory and he was very supportive along with his brothers in this new venture. At that time, I saw that many new brands in higher volumes were beginning to be produced in Pepin's factory. One of my main goals at Padilla Cigars was to create limited, premium boutique cigars and in order to better achieve this goal I feel that the time has come to create my own cigar factory that will be able to produce high-end premium cigars, similar to what we created earlier with Pepin. I am very excited about this new project and will bring better quality control and production control along with creating more unique cigar blends in the Cuban tradition.
Working with Pepin Garcia has been a great learning experience, and he has a great passion and dedication to his craft. I know the reason many of you visit internet forums is to get more insight into our small industry and at times gossip and rumors can run astray but the simple fact is, I wanted to have more control over the premium cigars that Padilla manufactures year out.

Many friends within the industry that I have mentioned the new factory to have already offered us a hand with our new premium Miami factory. And as some of you may know, we currently produce 2 brands in Honduras and Nicragua; the Padilla Habano and the Serie'68 which just received a 93 rating along with a exclusive interview on Padilla Cigars and myself in the latest April issue of Cigar Aficionado.
We hope to have the factory up and running in several months, as the location, tobacco and rollers have been established.

Padilla Cigars will continue to manufacture 3 brands in the Miami Factory: the Padilla Miami, Signature 1932 and 1948 and will also create exclusive blends only available at the Miami factory. We look forward to your comments and welcome your opinions as we continue to create limited award-winning boutique cigars. When the factory does commence its operations, we welcome all cigars smokers to visit us on Miami's historic Calle Ocho (8th street).
We wish Pepin Garcia and his family continued success and look forward to our new challenges as we bring the Padilla Miami Cigar Factory to life.
I would like to thank everyone for their continued support and wish everyone the best.

Sincerely,

Ernesto Padilla
President
Padilla Cigar Company

Thank you for your reply and addressing this with the forum here. Is it safe to say that the blends from the three lines that you will continue to produce in the new Miami factory will be identical to the ones produced by Pepin?