• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pepin's ideal blend

vortex

"A billion Eddie Barzoons jogging into the future
This is an excerpt from CA

"I asked Pepin what tobaccos he would use to make his finest cigar. Would it be all Cuban? All Nicaraguan?

He smiles again. The wrapper would be Cuban. The binder would come from Nicaragua, as would two leaves of ligero filler. The seco and viso filler would come from Cuba. Earlier he had asked what the highest score our magazine ever gave to a standard cigar. I told him 99 points. “That cigar,” he says with confidence, talking about his dream smoke, “would score 100 points.”

Sounds good to me.

Well, you got my attention on this one, now it's up to you to deliver.

He'd better hope Casa Magna doesn't release something new that year.

I think the San Cristobal (especially the Fabuloso and Guajiro vitolas) is hands down his best blend to date . . . but I'd smoke that one! :thumbs:

~Boar

Israel, no question that those would be a smashing blend. The bigger question is if we're going to be able to buy them legally in this country......;)

His blend of Padilla Miami 8/11 (coronas) & San Cristobal lanceros are amazing!

Adding cuban leaf to his countless blends...where to begin? ???

**note to PJ -> Pepin-made T110 cazadores

Well, you got my attention on this one, now it's up to you to deliver.
You must mean Pepin - I know you don't mean me.

I've always been curious about Cuban blending. I guess it's like one big company, to a point.

But I don't know how much influence the government has on manufacturing cigars.

The only problem with all this is getting tobacco out of Cuba. Even if the embargo were lifted, Cuba still doesnt' allow tobacco to leave the country. After all, they can't even keep up with demand for cigars made IN Cuba. Rumor has it that they've even begun importing leaf from Nicaragua to compensate for their shortfall in tobacco production.

As long as they are importing Nic tobacco, go ahead and send Pepin over to Cuba to blend up a couple cigars. We'll find a way to get them. :whistling:

Great video of Don Pepin's factory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59OIaOQMJDc

Anybody know what brand those perfect from the video are? They appear at the 9:20 mark.

Thanks,

Brian