• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Performance Review question

Having done a couple of thousand performance reviews for Uncle Sam the difference is.
1. They have to listen to you
2. If they get mad I don't care.
3. If they don't get with the program they are gone.
4. I don't have to sleep with any of them.
5. Somebody has to clean the Head this month.
1: my kids may listen but they are 5 and it doesn’t mean shit.
2: true
3: cannot fire my kids though there are days...
4: when those fuckers wake up at 4am or earlier, I have to sleep with those gremlins
5: it’s me.

I did something like it when I had kids. I got a pad and pen we sat down and talked and I wrote down the things we agreed to work on.

But I think the most powereful thing about it was giving your attention and understanding. Results will vary. I had a master manipulater in my group who will remain nameless. ;)

Still, it was good to give each other one's undivided Attention. In our world of constant distraction, we tend to forget what and who is important.

Oh, and make sure you are the one with pen! :)

Last edited:
Yeah, those are shit paperwork drills to justify (or deny) promotions, not anything for actual performance.
I can't quite agree. Performance reviews have no time basis besides the once a year official ones. Almost every time I had to talk to one of my Marines there was some review be it anything from "Hey Cpl Smith your squad had those fire team rushes down, good job" to minor uniform corrections and how to prevent them from happening in the future. Reinforcement makes things second nature and that is what we wanted.

I can't quite agree. Performance reviews have no time basis besides the once a year official ones. Almost every time I had to talk to one of my Marines there was some review be it anything from "Hey Cpl Smith your squad had those fire team rushes down, good job" to minor uniform corrections and how to prevent them from happening in the future. Reinforcement makes things second nature and that is what we wanted.
Yeah, I agree. I was speaking for the formal yearly reviews.