• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Personalizing a box

CasaSoho

New Englander at Heart
I've recently picked up an SLB coded to match the month my son was born hoping one day to pass them down. I'd like to personalize the box with his name or initials without it looking entirely out of place. Anyone know of a cheap craft store type product that would allow me to punch or brand on the box? Other ideas?

I would imagine you can pick up a wood burning kit pretty cheap. Then you could burn hit initials or name right into the cab. Very cool pick up, by the way. Every month that passes, the chances of me being able to find the same thing get lower and lower.

I would imagine you can pick up a wood burning kit pretty cheap. Then you could burn hit initials or name right into the cab. Very cool pick up, by the way. Every month that passes, the chances of me being able to find the same thing get lower and lower.

"Wood burning kit" was just the search term I needed. Thank you.

If you don't want to permanently etch the wood, any craft store and probably Wal-Mart would have very thin adhesive labels of letters (even in styles like Old English) that could be placed on the box. After that I would consider applying a light coat of poly spray over that. It will give the box that lacquered look.

Either choice, I wish you and your son the best.

http://www.thingsremembered.com/

They have a pretty big selection of stuff like that if you wanted a permanent looking piece.

http://www.thingsremembered.com/

They have a pretty big selection of stuff like that if you wanted a permanent looking piece.

He's not going to be able to fit the box of cigars into an engraved picture frame or locket.

Perhaps an engraved plate riveted onto the box?

I did this for my son. Went to a equestrian web site which did engraving (http://horsesmarts.net/)

I ordered a handful of plates with name and birthday, two with screws to set into boxes and two with adhesive backing to curve and adhere to bottles.

Hey, you can get a personalized box or humidor fairly cheap. Check out my site at Cheap Humidors and we'll make sure you're taken care of :) I made you a special coupon code if you'd like EDNA-MLJ1L6 that's for 10% and good for a few days.

If you're looking at DIY, I've done wood burning before too, and it's not that hard ;)

Good luck!

I've recently picked up an SLB coded to match the month my son was born hoping one day to pass them down. I'd like to personalize the box with his name or initials without it looking entirely out of place. Anyone know of a cheap craft store type product that would allow me to punch or brand on the box? Other ideas?

Hey, you can get a personalized box or humidor fairly cheap. Check out my site at Cheap Humidors and we'll make sure you're taken care of
smile.gif
I made you a special coupon code if you'd like EDNA-MLJ1L6 that's for 10% and good for a few days.

If you're looking at DIY, I've done wood burning before too, and it's not that hard
wink.gif

Good luck!

Hey...nice deal!

Feel free to contact the admin about setting up shop on CP!

Oh yea...philout a profile in the intro forum! :thumbs:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I like the plate idea as well, but I think I'm going to give wood burning a go.