• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PETA protest

puffnstuff said:
other1 said:
It's about animal cruelty and corporate greed.
amen.
and I'm proud to avoid being a contributor to either one of those problems when I can.
like other1, I don't make a habit of jumping on a soapbox to preach the ways of (and reasons behind) my diet at any given opportunity, but brutality of this magnitude, and especially for the sake of corporate gain, is something I love to oppose.
I just wish more carnivorous people would support more independent/organic farmers who actually give half a $hit about what goes into their livestock (same applies for dairy). the conditions in which animals to be eaten are kept, in addition to what they're fed or injected with, directly affects the health of the "top of the food chain".
and if "we are what we eat"... wait, that's makes me a vegetable! :p
Hey, I'm all for organic and free range stuff, as long as I can afford it, the problem with it is the cost to produce it would make it impossible for people to eat, vegetables, meat, anything. We would all be broke and have a lot bigger problems if we had to pay the price it would cost to make everything that way. I'm not going to jeapordize my family's life by jeapordizing the money we have to live on. And I didn't get on any soapbox, I thought it was funny. :p :)

You know, am I just a cold-hearted bitch? Probably so, but there's a pecking order to things here on the good ole planet earth whether we like it or not. And animals of just about every kind are simply inferior when it comes to the food chain. I know who I feel sorry for though, those damn plants and vegetables...they never had a shot against anybody or anything...living, breathing plant life, contributing so diligently to the cycling of carbon dioxide and oxygen and to the process of photosynthesis...yet noone cuts them a break. *sighs* dammit, I think I am so depressed now I am going to eat a steak and some salad.

affectionately,

melly the angel :love:

Predators have their eyes on the front of their face. Prey on the side.

My eyes are on the front therefore I am a predator. A chickens on the side, therefore make mine extra crispy :p

SweetMelissa said:
You know, am I just a cold-hearted bitch? Probably so, but there's a pecking order to things here on the good ole planet earth whether we like it or not. And animals of just about every kind are simply inferior when it comes to the food chain. I know who I feel sorry for though, those damn plants and vegetables...they never had a shot against anybody or anything...living, breathing plant life, contributing so diligently to the cycling of carbon dioxide and oxygen and to the process of photosynthesis...yet noone cuts them a break. *sighs* dammit, I think I am so depressed now I am going to eat a steak and some salad.

affectionately,

melly the angel :love:
Good point, Melly. PETA members are bigots of the worst kind. If they really want to practice what they preach, they should refrain from eating anything that was ever alive. :p

Gunpowder said:
Predators have their eyes on the front of their face. Prey on the side.
That is the essence of triangulation for depth perception and that makes duck hunting a challenge.

The Native Americans and other peoples revered and kept sacred the prey they hunted and killed, as well as eating and wearing it. We are merely continuing those traditions.

Pig farms are not much different than chicken ranches (except for a few "special" chicken ranches). The pigs never touch the ground. I have found a small town butcher shop close to St. Louis where all the processing is done on site and the poultry is barnyard poultry, I don't know if that qualifies as "free range" or not but it is very good and less fatty. They also do a great job with the smoked meats.

golfgar said:
The Native Americans and other peoples revered and kept sacred the prey they hunted and killed, as well as eating and wearing it. We are merely continuing those traditions.
I couldn't disagree with this statement more. The second part. You really think people today are contiuing that tradition? Perhaps hunters are (who I have already said I have no problem with), but not the average person. For the average person it is exactly the opposite, they don't want any idea how their 'prey' gets to their table.

other1 said:
golfgar said:
I couldn't disagree with this statement more. The second part. You really think people today are contiuing that tradition? Perhaps hunters are (who I have already said I have no problem with), but not the average person. For the average person it is exactly the opposite, they don't want any idea how their 'prey' gets to their table.
You are correct on that point but do away with chemicals for the crops, give plenty of room for the livestock and you will have priced meat out of the consumers affordability range.

Let alone decrease production levels in the US to the point that the agriculture industry would be crushed under the effects of foreign importation of meats from countries where regulations are not existant and the farms are government owned so the free market does not exist.

The US is the breadbasket of the world producing more with less farmers each year as the industry sucomes to global markets.

Which chickens do you trust more? US or Asian?