• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pics From Don Pepin Tasting At Belicoso's

The Volusianator

Tick Tock
What a fantastic time, what a fantastic man. Although he doesn't speak English, conversation was not that difficult. Below are some of the pics I took.

Store Front
BelicosoStoreFront.jpg

Humidor Pics, this is the largest humidor in IL, and simply amazing!
HumidorCenter.jpg

HumidorRight.jpg

HumidorLeft.jpg

Mr. Pepin and myself
PepinAndI.jpg

Pepin rolling the first cigar of the night...his!
PepinRollingPersonalCigar.jpg

From L-R Renee (master roller) Pepin's daughter, Don Pepin
ReneeDaughterPepin.jpg

Pepin Selecting Wrapper Leaf
PepinSelectingWrapper.jpg

Don made a custom baseball bat for one of the employees, it was his birthday
PepinMakingBat.jpg

BaseballBat.jpg

And a few more that it wouldn't let me put in the original post.

Renee signing my cigar box
ReneeSigningBox.jpg

Pepin let me play at the rollers table, cutting wrapper leaf here
NatorCutting.jpg

NatorCuttingLooking.jpg

And some goodies I picked up while I was there. The Pepin Black label PC was gifted from Alex.
Goodies.jpg

Wow! Very nice! What an event to be a part of. So let me ask the Dallas relailors on CP a question... when the hell you gonna get Pepin?

Thanks again for sharing!

mac

Excellent pics Wade, thanks for sharing.

Brian

From Left to right
EShaw99, KeithS, Me, Alexgtp, IndyRob

gallery_3387_8_453681.jpg

These are the pics that sack took and asked me to post for him. We all had a frickin' awesome time!

Eshaw99 and Don Pepin Garcia
dscn1916.jpg

L to R: Pepin's Daughter, Pepin, sack
dscn1915.jpg

Pepin and his Daughter
dscn1914.jpg

Pepin showing how it's done
dscn1912.jpg

Pepin rolling
dscn1911.jpg

Close-up
dscn1913.jpg

L to R: tkoepp, indyrob, Eshaw99, KeithS, occifer
dscn1908.jpg

Group Pic
dscn1910.jpg

Can't wait to do this again guys!

It's amazing he can take the time to do this kind of hands-on promo work. He must really enjoy it.

But why is he wearing that gaudy shirt! And who would have thought he was that tall! ;)

It's amazing he can take the time to do this kind of hands-on promo work. He must really enjoy it.

But why is he wearing that gaudy shirt! And who would have thought he was that tall! ;)
And so handsome. :laugh:
I have to share my moment of zen with Don Pepin, during a lull around Pepin, i took my chance to talk to him and ask some questions in spanish. He seemed delighted to be able to speak freely and opened up to me, when i had a chance to, i asked him what cigar he enjoyed the most. Pepin brightened up and asked his master roller to move over and proceed to roll his own blend, after taking the cigar in his pocket and putting a wrapper on it, he got up and clipped it and lit it. I can see why he has the reputation that he has, the cigar was perfect, after a few puffs he cleaned the tip with his fingers and offered it to me. What could i do? I took the cigar and just touched it to my lips, being careful not to slobber on it. When i pulled on the cigar there was NO resistance, it was like sucking on a wide straw, no resistance at all. My mouth was immediately filled with the spicyest cigar taste i've ever had, not wanting to look like an idiot i held myself together and exhaled through my nose to taste it and immediately exhaled as much as i could. No sooner did i exhale that my brain started spining and i felt the sweats. All i remember was giving Peoin his cigar back and saying something about "muy macho". He glanced at his daughter and smiled. I just moved back into the crowd and sat down to drink some water, the spice was still with me. The rest of the time i just watched as he smoked that cigar and was obviously enjoying it. Talk about walking with the Gods. WOW! :0

I have to share my moment of zen with Don Pepin, during a lull around Pepin, i took my chance to talk to him and ask some questions in spanish. He seemed delighted to be able to speak freely and opened up to me, when i had a chance to, i asked him what cigar he enjoyed the most. Pepin brightened up and asked his master roller to move over and proceed to roll his own blend, after taking the cigar in his pocket and putting a wrapper on it, he got up and clipped it and lit it. I can see why he has the reputation that he has, the cigar was perfect, after a few puffs he cleaned the tip with his fingers and offered it to me. What could i do? I took the cigar and just touched it to my lips, being careful not to slobber on it. When i pulled on the cigar there was NO resistance, it was like sucking on a wide straw, no resistance at all. My mouth was immediately filled with the spicyest cigar taste i've ever had, not wanting to look like an idiot i held myself together and exhaled through my nose to taste it and immediately exhaled as much as i could. No sooner did i exhale that my brain started spining and i felt the sweats. All i remember was giving Peoin his cigar back and saying something about "muy macho". He glanced at his daughter and smiled. I just moved back into the crowd and sat down to drink some water, the spice was still with me. The rest of the time i just watched as he smoked that cigar and was obviously enjoying it. Talk about walking with the Gods. WOW! :0

I witnessed this from about 15 feet away. If you didn't see what caused sack's reaction, you'd have thought he just did 5 tequila shots in a row :laugh:

And so handsome. :laugh:
That flat rocks. Thanks for sharing you "minute with the master"....... :cool:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

Great pics Wade and thanks to everyone else for sharing your experience! :thumbs:

Sack... what a great story! Thanks for sharing it! And thanks to all who contributed on this thread. It has been one of my favorites. Maybe thats because I'm a good little Pepin whore....

BTW... that was one hell of a roll he put on that "baseball bat" vitola! I'm sure that it smoked like a dream.

Pepin is God

mac

Very nice story Sack. I felt a moment of Envy while reading it. Makes me want to go out and learn Spanish.