• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Piedras with beetle holes as received

handyman dave

Newbie - Still old but not dead yet!
A friend just received 2 bundles of Piedras, one cremas and one brevas. The brevas seem OK but a number of the cremas bundle have clean beetle holes through the binder and wrapper. :angry:

The supplier has asked for the number of sticks with holes, presumably to replace them. I feel a little funny about that.

Question for the group: How would you feel about a vendor replacing just the sticks with holes as received?

2-13-08 - UPDATE
They have responded. They say that these are recent production and the holes must have occurred before freezing. (??)
They also say there is no risk of contamination of my friend's collection. (??)

They also say they will send a free box - with his next order. So much for them being excellently proactive about remedying the situation. (In their defense, they were very inexpensive cigars for ISOMs)

For his part, the cigars remain in the deep freeze. Later today they will move to the refrig.

He says he thinks he will order from them again as all his experience until now has been very positive and their product has been very good.

Comments?

Same experience, however one stick, one beetle hole. Vendor replaced the entire lot. Didn't even have to ask.

The supplier has asked for the number of sticks with holes, presumably to replace them. I feel a little funny about that.

Question for the group: How would you feel about a vendor replacing just the sticks with holes as received?
Double check with him that his is indeed his intent. If it is, it's utterly chickenshit. Send him the holy sticks, freeze the ones left, and cross him off your vendor list.

Wilkey

Totally agree with Wilkey here... That is a load of crap if it is his intent to just replace the beetle stix! Please PM the vendor to me so I'm aware of who it is, I may not want to purchase stock from this vendor if he has a beetle outbreak, YIKES!

Totally agree with Wilkey here... That is a load of crap if it is his intent to just replace the beetle stix! Please PM the vendor to me so I'm aware of who it is, I may not want to purchase stock from this vendor if he has a beetle outbreak, YIKES!

Beetles are a fact of life in the cigar world. So outbreaks happen more often than you think.

But yeah. tell your vendor hes getting the entire box/bundle back and that you expect him to replace them. No way in hell would I let someone just replace the sticks with holes in them.

Let us know what the vendor has to say.

It's unfathomable to me why a vendor wouldn't just replace the whole order. He must not want much repeat business.