• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pigeon Problem

Jam1173

I have a pigeon that has built a nest in my awning over my deck out back, I checked it to see if there were any eggs and there was not so i took it down, 2 days later it was back. i have now taken it down again, but is there anything I can do to keep them away? Does anyone know if there is something i can buy to spray in the area or anything else i can do to deter them from continuing to build a nest there?

or amonia, or vinegar. Also buy a plastic owl to put near thte area, but that keeps away all birds.

Give the brother a break. He's just looking for a place to hang for the summer. Geeez! :D

i would not mind, but he will be crapping all over my BBQ area and my smoking spot.

Good ideas guys, i will have to give the amonia or vinegar a shot.

I googled for an answer and found some guys saying to use petro jelly so that the bird slips off the spot..i got a chuckle out of that. I could see this being useful if it was on a window ledge or something.

Anyway, thanks for the idea's.

Pesky flying rats ..... I was just sitting outside enjoying a Shark when a damn pigeon flying at full speed barely missed me and slammed right into the window next to me. Damn near gave me and the pooch sitting next to me a heart attack. It was kinda funny watching the little bugger trying to clear his head after the impact :laugh: .

:cool:

We use a little bit of Pine Sol when the swallows try to build in our patio. It always does the trick! You might give it a try as well!
B

Try a Daisy!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thought this. When I was a kid I always helped my grandpa keep the starlings out of the tree in front of his house. His yard always looked like a battlefield littered with little bird feet sticking up in the air :whistling: .

Try this mate

Pigeon Pie.

Ingredients:
3 pigeons or 8 pigeon breasts
1lb rump steak
Seasoned flour and some oil
4oz chopped bacon or ham
salt and pepper
8oz flaky pastry
1 and 1/2 pints good stock
1 tsp Worcester sauce
Chop the meat into small pieces and brown.
Then fill the pastry with all the ingredients, Top with pastry top and bake for 2 hours at 350 deg F

Hope this helps you mate :D

I know pee works, get a 30 rack of PBR and you're all set! :sign: :sign:

edited: typo

you could spray the area with bird shot. That has a pretty good track record for working.

You guys are killing me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bleach and vinegar did not work, they came right back today. I think i am heading to the sporting good store tomorrow :thumbs:

too bad my compound bow would not be helpful in this situation since it is under an awning and too close to neighbors house.

There are these sheets of spikes you can buy that they sell for buildings and skyscrapers. They have little wire spikes that prevent them from landing. They are only expensive if there is a large area, but they do work. Google bird spikes and you'll see it.