• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pigeon Problem

There are these sheets of spikes you can buy that they sell for buildings and skyscrapers. They have little wire spikes that prevent them from landing. They are only expensive if there is a large area, but they do work. Google bird spikes and you'll see it.

I have seen them and there were full of nests. Daisy no bird no nest. Or a blow gun they are fun and would do the trick.

You guys are killing me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bleach and vinegar did not work, they came right back today. I think i am heading to the sporting good store tomorrow :thumbs:

too bad my compound bow would not be helpful in this situation since it is under an awning and too close to neighbors house.
You are just thinking too traditional. Go watch Rambo and you'll see how a compound bow can help you.

If your going to a sporting goods store you have a couple options:

1. Actual gun; real damn effective but depending on your area cops may have a problem.
2. BB gun; should be pretty effective, very cheap but at the same time BB's only come in a very small caliber it's just under .177.
3. Pellet gun; This would be my selection, cheaper than an actual rifle but I find them to be more fun than a BB gun. You can either get a .22 which is preferred by many for hunting, but I find the .22 rifles cost a it more than I would prefer. I would get a .177 and use hollow point pellets, I've heard these are very effective on pests.

Heres some of the pellets: http://www.airgunwarehouseinc.com/py-p-318.html
And heres my weapon of choice: http://www.airgunwarehouseinc.com/py-204.html

I have that pellet gun, real easy to use and doesn't require any pumping. It's real accurate with the open sight, but if you toss a $10 scope on it small pests will live in fear around your home. :laugh:

Also if you cant find hollow point pellets I've heard the wad cutters (the ones with a flat head) do the job almost as well, you just need to be a bit closer.

THESE are my pellet of choice. Hollow points and wad cutters just don't always get through. These, leave a big hole on the far side.

I'd be careful. Remember, those who fail to remember the past are destined to repeat it.
Don't piss the birds off...........

Linky

I decided to get a plastic owl to see if that works at keeping them away.

Ill let you know how it works out

I guess if I had to chose between getting sprayed with bleach, ammonia, Pine Sol, vinegar or WD-40 or being BBQ'd, turned into a pie, spiked or being attacked with a blow gun, compound bow, BB gun, pellet gun ( with choice of hollow points or wad cutters ) or even a 12 ga shotgun. And last but not least (ugh) being pee'd on. I think the plastic owl was the best choice.

.....tough board! It's a pigeon folks!! :laugh:

I guess asking you to build him a nice little house and putting it off to the side would be asking a little too much? :whistling:

THESE are my pellet of choice. Hollow points and wad cutters just don't always get through. These, leave a big hole on the far side.

Ooh, I forgot about those. I've never used them nor do I know anybody who has, but I've seen them online and they do seem ideal for pest control. :thumbs:

I'm pretty sure CP just made the PETA watchlist :sign:

The owl may work..... rubber snakes are very effective. You do need to move them around from time to time. I have seen birds land on top of a plastic owl that had been left in place a week. One things for sure, you need to get rid of them quickly or others will come and once they "set up" house you will have big problems getting rid of them.

MocoBird - not sure where you are from but in a vast part of the world pigeons are a nusiance animal. From your post I can see you have never dealt with them in the wild. I can not think of anyone that would in their right mind "build him a nice little house and put it off to the side".... well, cept for maybe yourself. Don't even get me started on the sanitary aspect. If you ever had to clean a 2 year build up of pigeon poop off of a building from a flock of approx 500 pigeons you would understand.

I have a pigeon that has built a nest in my awning over my deck out back,

MocoBird - If you ever had to clean a 2 year build up of pigeon poop off of a building from a flock of approx 500 pigeons you would understand.

It's only one, not 500. :laugh:
Just pulling everyones tail feathers Allofus123. And yes, 500 would be a problem. :D

After a week, the pigeons at my in-laws were hanging out ON the plastic owl almost as if they were saying....."Oh yeah? That all ya got?" I consider just 1 pigoen a problem.

It's only one.........

LOL, I bet thats what the Trojans said as they rolled that silly horse through the gates of Troy. :laugh: :cool:

OK, I admit, you ruffled my feathers a bit ....... :D All of that pigeon poop cleaning my dad had me do when I was a young lad came rushing back. It wasn't fun. :(

There are these sheets of spikes you can buy that they sell for buildings and skyscrapers. They have little wire spikes that prevent them from landing. They are only expensive if there is a large area, but they do work. Google bird spikes and you'll see it.

I have seen them and there were full of nests. Daisy no bird no nest. Or a blow gun they are fun and would do the trick.

Blow gun, X2!!! Blow guns rock! Until the police report in the town paper a pigeon flying around with with an orange cone sticking out of it.... :blush:

13 in one night.... :whistling:

If they are building and landing on any horizontal surfaces, you can get a product called tree tanglefoot. This is a paste that is kinda sticky, and the birds absolutely will not stay in it for long. Usually can be found at your local Ace Hardware. We sell a ton of it in our rural stores and have never had a complaint about it not working.

On an episode of "King Of The Hill", a jelly type substance was used to eradicate a pidgeon problem.
I bet it's legit. It was on a cartoon. It must be true. :whistling:
I'd like to get me a pellet gun to pick off groundhogs around my house but I don't think the local authorities in suburban NJ would look kindly on that. :angry:

FunnyPart-com-pigeon.jpg

I guess if I had to chose between getting sprayed with bleach, ammonia, Pine Sol, vinegar or WD-40 or being BBQ'd, turned into a pie, spiked or being attacked with a blow gun, compound bow, BB gun, pellet gun ( with choice of hollow points or wad cutters ) or even a 12 ga shotgun. And last but not least (ugh) being pee'd on. I think the plastic owl was the best choice.

.....tough board! It's a pigeon folks!! :laugh:

I guess asking you to build him a nice little house and putting it off to the side would be asking a little too much? :whistling:

Brother this post made me laugh, thanks i needed this first thing this morning.

Its funny reading all the suggestions together like that.

I am giving the owl a try for a week...so far its been a day and I have not seen them come back yet, but if that changes even my wife has said the pellet gun is the next choice :laugh: