• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pipe Forum

Should we add a PIPE FORUM?

• Yes, I'd use the new forum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, I only smoke Cigars

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am all for this idea but nobody really seems to use it. I am the only one who has started a thread since 9/08. I can't seem to find any other pipe smoking forums on the net any where either. I enjoy pipes as well as cigars but am relitively new at it and would love to see more info and feedback.

We were quite active when this section first opened. Died down, don't know why though.

atuck said:
I am all for this idea but nobody really seems to use it. I am the only one who has started a thread since 9/08. I can't seem to find any other pipe smoking forums on the net any where either. I enjoy pipes as well as cigars but am relitively new at it and would love to see more info and feedback.
[snapback]229601[/snapback]​

I'd recommend alt.smokers.pipes for ongoing discussion and information. Also check out this and this as starting points.

Hope this helps. :)

Does having a collection of around 200 pipes count? been smoking a pipe for around 15 years now and really like it. Next to cigars a pipe is one of the best things to enjoy.

rangerdoug said:
Does having a collection of around 200 pipes count? been smoking a pipe for around 15 years now and really like it. Next to cigars a pipe is one of the best things to enjoy.
[snapback]230771[/snapback]​

What is you favorite coolest smoking pipe out of that huge collection?

Thats a loaded question, I have pipes from Dunhills to Ashton's, Ardor's to Renaldos, Ben Wades to Ferndowns. Each pipe has it own way of being smoked. I like Dunhills very much but a nice Italian pipe smoke's well to. My prize is a nice Italian design shaped like a tulip and it is a one of a kind. I do like the pipes from the 70's and 80's. That time frame seems to have a good smoking pipe.

Hi, Rod! Yes, I believe that it would be great to have a pipe forum. Some cigar smokers are also pipe smokers, so the pipe forum idea should work very well. Regards, knightlaird

Hi Rod:

I think it's a great idea. I switch between cigars and pipes and would love to see a pipe forum.

Hey guys, I hate to tell you this, but this IS the pipe forum. We're already here!

pipe tobaccos are certainly more affordable, in general, than cigars of quality.

not polite to mention it, but one Can blend to suit, and pass along samples to those with similar tastes.. very affordably.

I think we'd all agree that even commercial grade pipes with good tobacco beat fancy ones with floor sweepings, it's the tobacco (given a reasonable quality well made pipe) that matters..

few cigar lovers have any sizeable percentage of their investment in the TOOLS, it's the tobacco.. and with pipe collectors it's the opposite..

they might have 10 lbs of tobacco and one hundred pipes.. or.. even a lb or two and one hundred pipes. Different customs. I can't feature anyone smoking a self blended mixture who wouldn't offer a free sample, just for the chance to gloat if it was appreciated.

With cigars, that sort of openhanded generosity is of a much greater order, more memorable and less ordinary.
Not to say it doesn't exist, but it's a bit above 'common' courtesy.

So, Pipe smoking is, I think, slightly more friendly and less demanding of investment, more of a hobby than a pure luxury.

In general, all exceptions stipulated, IMHO.