• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pizza

Hawaiian pizza? Pineapple on a pizza???!!! That's an infamnia.

Doc
I'm Mexican. We eat just about anything if you put chili or lime on it.

I don't get how some can enjoy tacos al pastor (authentic ones have pineapple with pork) and NOT like Hawaiian pizza.

Having worked at Pizza Hut for several years, I never saw a Hawaiian order a Hawaiian pizza. It was only the mainland transplants and mostly from the south from what I could tell. That said, I did try it once and the saltiness of the bacon was a good counter balance to the sweetness of the pineapple. Now excuse me while I go throw up in my mouth.

I like that "Hawaiian" pizza just fine. Have even ordered a few of them. If you can order one with shitty olives all over it, taking over the taste, I can order one with pineapple on it.

I will eat a pizza with pineapple on it if that is the only thing available but I will not, nay NEVER, pay for it out of pocket. It may not taste bad, but the very idea is just sacrilege.

Reactions: AVB
Pineapple and Jalapeño is a great combination... been heard it called the Mission style (for SF's Mexican neighborhood).

If it tastes good, I could give a crap about what others think it "oughta be".
You're so naïve and I mean that in the kindest way. You're from the West coast. You simply don't know any better. You need help, my friend; not ridicule.
Unless, and I doubt it, you've eaten a pie from a Northeast Pizzaria, you have no idea what "tastes good".
Doc

Last edited:
You're so naïve and I mean that in the kindest way. You're from the West coast. You simply don't know any better. You need help, my friend; not ridicule.
Unless, and I doubt it, you've eaten a pie from a Northeast Pizzaria, you have no idea what "tastes good".
Doc
I'm a west coaster who now resides in the mile high city. I've had Ray's, Pizza from a breakfast/lunch counter by Times Square area, and Grimaldi's by the Brooklyn Bridge. I love good pie. I appreciate it in all it's glorious tomato, cheese and crust incarnations. The mile high has several "New York" style places, a couple Neapolitan style, California style, and Chicago style along with Rocky Mountain pies from Beaujo's. Each and every one is delicious. The New York style places ain't that far off from what I tasted in NYC. The Chicago pies may be better than what is available in Chicago.
;)

Doc
Doc, I'll be honest that I'm not a pizza guy, although I enjoy it. Some of the best I've had around these parts are from a very small family owned chain called D'Amores which to my understanding is a Boston style pizzeria.

I can be somewhat protectionist over some foods. Like, don't tell me a hard shell taco is really a taco. But at the end of the day, deliciousness comes in all shades. Some of the best tacos I've ever had were Korean/Mexican fusion tacos from Kogi BBQ. Seriously life changing.

Pizza on the west coast sucks for the most part unfortunately.

It's the water...the dough is just off a little. But there are some places that import their water from NY just to make their dough.
oh but it's not just the water. Most good pizza places in ny make the dough a specific way that most pizza shops across the country dont. So you need the combo of the water and the process. somewhere on Buzzfeed there is an article about it.

It's the water...the dough is just off a little. But there are some places that import their water from NY just to make their dough.

Water chemistry is easy to manipulate though if you want to, though it is part of the difference, there are other things too.