• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Planet Fitness- Anyone a member?

Anyone here belong to Planet Fitness? Thinking of joining up to work off some of the flab this winter.

A couple locations opened up here this summer and the price is very affordable at 20 bucks a month. Just wondering if anyone had any personal experience with them.

Thanks.

Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Can you introduce me?

As a parent, I would never consider having my kid run around the gym. A couple years ago in Seattle, an unattended child hit his head on some weight equipment...and later died. I may be irritated that the kid isn't being watched, but there's a bigger reason not to have kids around massive, heavy weight lifting equipment and treadmills.

If that's the norm there, I say give it a pass. Even cheaper gyms should have segregated on site day care.

My gym does not even allow children under the age of 10 to by on the gym floor. Even if supervised.

The same with my current gym. They have a seperate area where they have a daycare. The gym floor definitely isnt a place to have kids unsupervised. Hell... I've seen a few adults that probably shouldnt be unsupervised either. lol

Because I can lift 500lbs.

I know you're trying to make a point, but I think the counter-point is that there's quite a few programs out there that you can follow without needing a lot of weight or equipment and drop weight / add muscle mass. ;)

I have not had any experience with Plant Fitness, but I just received an ad last week that was for $10 a month. Definitely a good deal, or at least IMO.