• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Please diagnose

I'll tell you what. Do a search and your answer will be apparent.

Geezus Jackie-boy, it took bluue telling you to search for you to do it? FFS, you'd think Burtch here wasn't trying to help you or something?!? Answer could have been had two minutes after his post! :sign:

Glad you tossed them. There will be others.

Well at first I wasnt sure if it was mold. So I posted to ask what it was. Then I tried searching "mold problem" on the forum and that brought up half a million posts on "i hope i dont have a mold problem"

So I googled cigar mold and then it had some solutions. So I wiped the interior with isopropyl alcohol and now its sitting out so it can air out.

Put my cheap cigars in a tuperware and my good ones in my cigar caddy.

You wiped your humi down with isopropyl alcohol? Dude...you're killing me! How long were they in there? Just tossing them would have been fine. ;)

Also, Google gave you solutions? There's a ton of info here on CP! PM me your number please.

So I googled cigar mold and then it had some solutions. So I wiped the interior with isopropyl alcohol and now its sitting out so it can air out.

Its one thing if the humidor has mold on it but a whole different matter if its just cigars. I had some Hemingway Maduro's develop some mold on the cigars. I didn't wipe down the inside drawer of the humidor. There was no need since the mold hadn't spread all over the wood. I've seen some strange things done over my years on CP, but this is a pretty classic one that will probably be remember from here on out. Just like using the cat litter with the blue crystals to regulate the humidity. :laugh:

Why would you want cat litter anywhere near your cigars?

There was a post here on CP that said he used 50/50 isopropyl and water to wipe down the inside. I just wanted to be sure.

CAIDS...a deadly combination of cancer and aids.

EDIT: Sorry Doc! :D

Were they gifted to your Grandfather by Clinton..................Just Say'n???? :whistling:

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' timestamp='1291212815' post='1009910']
Trichoderma reesei
[/quote]
Cellulose?

I say smoke it. Mold is a sign that a cigar has been aging properly. From what I know about that cigar, it'll be a doozy. Make sure to have something sweet - like a packet of sugar - on hand for afterwards. :rolleyes:

I bet you can find advice like that on 'The Google,' as well. I just love some of the 'advice' floating around. If people just keep on dumping information onto the web, then its underlying tubular structure will surely breakdown.

-Mark

Should have just left'em for another month and grown some mushrooms to put on ya steak :whistling: :laugh:
Just kidding!!

Thats the worst molded cigar I have seen. But then again I havent done research as it seems most people has done commenting on your post. I couldnt even imagine sacrificing putting any cigar that was associated with that one in my humidor.

Thats the worst molded cigar I have seen. But then again I havent done research as it seems most people has done commenting on your post. I couldnt even imagine sacrificing putting any cigar that was associated with that one in my humidor.

Would this be your "expert opinion?" I need to know if I can take this to the bank!

Would this be your "expert opinion?" I need to know if I can take this to the bank!

I know where he could tell you to take it.

Wow...that's one moldy cigar. I bet that cigar tastes like blue cheese.