• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Please pray for my father....

Thoughts and blessing sent from Texas.

My thyroid started doing its own thing in '96, nearly killed me in '99, and came out in '00. New man now. Keep your chin up and your hopes high.

~Boar

Well, my father's new endocrinologist is going to irradiate the thyroid to kill it. It's what my dad wanted to do all along, but his earlier doc said go with the meds and then never really followed up to see how the meds were effecting him. So he was pushed from hyperthyroidism into hypo -- and in the process almost sent him into cardiac arrest (went into arythmia with 214 beats per minute).

I honestly am a bit stunned to find myself at the point in life where I am caring for my parents. I knew it was inevitable, but it's still a bit of a shock to the system. Here's my dad, the strong guy who protected me, needing my aid to sort out the healthcare system so he can live a better life.

We do go full circle in life....

My thyroid developed multiple "hot" cysts, so surgery was the only option---irradiation would've killed off everything BUT the cysts. Your father is lucky in that respect, since irradiation is so much less invasive.

My first doctor put me on beta-blockers for the elevated heart rate/blood pressure the hyperthyroidism was beating the crap outta me with. And did NOTHING else. :rolleyes:

It's a tough time in life, the transition you're making now. But this is when the raising they gave us holds true and firm, and we take at long last the lead, and the seat at the head of the table. It gets easier, but never easy.

~Boar

My thoughts and prayers are with your father and your family.

Thoughts and blessing sent from Texas.

My thyroid started doing its own thing in '96, nearly killed me in '99, and came out in '00. New man now. Keep your chin up and your hopes high.

~Boar

Well, my father's new endocrinologist is going to irradiate the thyroid to kill it. It's what my dad wanted to do all along, but his earlier doc said go with the meds and then never really followed up to see how the meds were effecting him. So he was pushed from hyperthyroidism into hypo -- and in the process almost sent him into cardiac arrest (went into arythmia with 214 beats per minute).

I honestly am a bit stunned to find myself at the point in life where I am caring for my parents. I knew it was inevitable, but it's still a bit of a shock to the system. Here's my dad, the strong guy who protected me, needing my aid to sort out the healthcare system so he can live a better life.

We do go full circle in life....

My prayers are with you and your family. If there is anything we can do, please let us know. It's difficult to have to deal with stepping in and, well being the responsible one. It's not easy, and sometimes feels futile. Just remember, one day you will receive pleasure in knowing that you truly stood by your Dad when he needed you, just as I'm sure he did you so many times. Please remember if you need anything, let us know!

Garvey,

I hope Myron is feeling better. You and your family are still in my prayers, and I pray you have a wonderful Christmas ans the new year brings health and prosperity to you all.

Darryl,

Just saw this thread.

I hope that your Father is continuing to improve and that you had a good Christmas.

We will continue to send our prayers to you and your family.

Best Regards My Friend... Lou